Chapter 28

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 28
Half-Brother

I was back getting some journals from the library and now on my way home, when I stumbled upon a commotion at the main gate. Someone even bumped into me as she ran closer to the crowded area.

The journals that I had not put inside my bag yet fell into the ground. I was slightly irritated because the person didn't even apologize, but I just kept it to myself.

As I let out a deep exhale, I crouched to pick up the journals and opened the zipper of my bag to put it all inside. Nang tumayo ako ulit ay tumama ang tingin ko sa taong pinagkakaguluhan ng lahat.

My lips parted when I saw Isaiah. He was tall enough to be able to stand out in the middle of the crowd. Students were hovering at him and taking pictures, but he didn't care. He was frowning as his phone was placed against his ear like he was calling someone. He looked irritated and worried at the same time.

I wasn't sure if I was really assuming, but I quickly checked my phone to see if I was the one he's contacting or not. Kaya nang makitang hindi naman ako ang kanyang tinatawagan ay medyo napanghinaan ako ng loob.

Nakita kong may lumapit sa kanyang mga securities ng school at sinusubukang palayuin ang mga tao. Nang ibinaba niya ang cellphone ay kita kong may sinubukan siyang kausapin na estudyante na malapit lamang sa kanya.

I was having a conflict with myself if I should approach him or not. I was hesitating because it might cause an issue for Isaiah if I would just suddenly walk up to him and act like a close friend. However, before I could even decide, I was struck when our eyes suddenly met and locked with each other.

I saw his lips parted a bit.

It seemed like Isaiah didn't mind the things I was worrying about. When he saw me, it was like he was just released by the pull of a trigger. He walked my way in a fast-paced manner, making me feel like he was running out of time.

Sa kanyang paglalakad ay nahawi ang mga estudyanteng nakapalibot sa kanya. Habang palapit siya nang palapit sa akin ay dumadami na rin ang mga estudyante sa paligid ko. And the moment he got nearer, we were the center of attention. Nasa gitna kami ng malaking bilog ng mga estudyante.

"Zendaya," he called out my name and asked, "Did you see Ida?"

Isaiah didn't beat around the bush. He charged on ahead with his question.

I had not seen Ida for weeks, but since it was lunch time for some who still had classes later, I had an idea where she could be. I just hoped that I wouldn't mess up. I really wanted to help him because he looked so agitated.

"Hindi ko siya nakita pero tingin ko alam ko kung nasaan siya ngayon," nag-aalangan kong sagot sa kanya.

He suddenly looked a bit relieved. "Please, lead the way," he told me, rushing with his words. "I really need to see her. She won't answer my calls nor reply to my texts."

At first, I wanted to ask Isaiah what the problem was, but I set that aside because I knew it wasn't the right time to do it. And so, I spun around and led him to the cafeteria. While walking, I had my fingers crossed, hoping that we would find his sister there.

Some of the fans shamelessly followed us on our way to the cafeteria. Ang dalawang security guards ay sumusunod din sa amin para kahit papaano ay mapigilan ang paglapit ng mga tagahanga.

As soon as we entered the cafeteria, I let my eyes wander around the place to search for Ida. Medyo nahirapan nga lang ako dahil ang ibang mga kumakain ay nakilapit na ngayon sa amin. They were blocking my sight, but then my eyes met Blair's. She was staring straight at me with a shocked expression.