Chapter 3

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 3
Distance

For the past thirty minutes, I had been staring at myself in front of my full body mirror, just to make sure that I looked fine with the outfit I chose to wear for the special day.

The day I had been waiting for had finally arrived.

It was finally the day of New Classic's first ever fan signing, and meet and greet event. It was only 1PM, and the event would start at 4PM, but I was all ready to go. Kuya Zedrick would drive me to the small concert hall where their event would be held, so I didn't have to worry about my transportation. However, I still woke up early to finish my school works and prepare.

I saw some of the tweets with the hashtags that I came up with last night: #NewClassicKaleidoscopeFS and #MeetandGreetNewClassic that they were already at the venue. Some of the fans were giving out freebies to their fellow fans. Even those who weren't lucky enough to get a limited pass went to show support to the members of New Classic.

Honestly, I really wanted to be there earlier, but I still had to finish some of my school works. I didn't get to finish it last night. Our professors were having fun giving us a pile of school works as we entered finals. Sumaglit din ako sa mall para bumili ng regalo sa mga members at magpatatak ng aking shirt. Pinatatak ko ang art sa Kaleidoscope album sa aking black shirt.

I paired my customized shirt with a high-waisted denim shorts and slipped on a white low-cut Converse sneakers. We weren't allowed to bring too much on the concert hall, so I just put everything on a small backpack. We were required to bring the album, which has the winning code, along with our printed pass. And as inspired by the guitar pick I got from Isaiah years ago, I also bought customized metal pick with their names engraved on it.

I was pretty satisfied with the gift I came up with. Not to mention it didn't cost much. I only paid less than a thousand for these metal guitar picks.

Once I was finally satisfied with how I looked, I put on the strap of my backpack, then went out of my room to check my brother. I knocked thrice on his room's door, but he wasn't answering, so I already went inside. As soon as I got inside, I could hear his shower from his bathroom.

"Kuya, you're still taking a bath?!" I purposely raised my voice, so that he could hear me.

"Give me 5 minutes more!" He shouted back.

Napabuntonghininga na lamang ako at saka naupo sa paanan ng kanyang kama. Nilibot ko ang aking mga mata sa kabuuan ng kanyang kuwarto. On his study desk, I could see an opened blueprint. Just like my father, Kuya Zedrick also chose to be an Architect as his profession. He was inspired by my father, but he chose to work on a different firm because they weren't in terms.

On the other hand, I took Political Science because I wanted to become a reporter. My mother told me that I should get Mass Communication or Journalism instead, but I read an article that studying Politcal Science was also a huge advantage if you wanted to be a reporter, since we'd be doing a lot of research and writing.

"I'm done now."

Nilingon ko agad si Kuya Zedrick na kakalabas lamang ng banyo. He was only wearing his jeans, without any shirt. Sanay na akong makita siyang ganoon kaya baliwala na lang sa akin 'yon.

"What shirt should I wear?" he asked me as he opened his cabinet full of shirts with the same color.

Majority of his shirts were black and white. Iilan lamang ang naiibang kulay at madalas ay hindi niya pa sinusuot. I bought him a pastel pink shirt during his birthday last year, and I only saw him wore it once.