Chapter 40

#NewClassicILIB

This is the final chapter. Thank you for making it this far!

Chapter 40
Announce

Never have I ever thought that I would breach the invisible line in between us―as an idol and a fan.

A disastrous failure.

That's how I thought my first love was going to end. I was ready to fail on my first try. I conditioned myself to prepare for a broken heart. I told myself countless times that we could never be. I kept drawing the line with a very bright and visible red ink, so that I would always be reminded not to dare cross it.

I used to think that I would bring this insane love to my grave. It was something that I couldn't be proud of. I was embarrassed that I became one of those delusional fans who foolishly fell in love with their idols, thinking that we'd have a chance.

But I guessed I was fortunate enough to conquer a heap of pain. Life pitied me for being rained on too much that it brought me sunshine in human form.

With our hands tightly clasped, we were sitting together on the couch. The clingy Isaiah wouldn't let go of me. He looked calm as he was awfully quiet, but I knew he must also be feeling nervous for what was about to happen.

And so, I pressed on his hand and held him tighter, hoping that I'd be able to send him more encouragement and somehow tone down the troubling thoughts inside his head.

Isaiah then turned to me. Like always, every time his eyes would meet mine, he smiled.

Honestly, I was feeling nervous too. I had no idea how everything would turn out but I refused to be shaken up by fear.

One of the things I learned was not to lose hope. If I let go of the chance before and gave up, I wouldn't be here, feeling the warmth of Isaiah's hand holding mine.

Our eye contact broke when I heard the door of the lounge opened. I averted my face to see Sic and Ike walking in with Mr. Joel. Tumayo ako at agad namang sumunod sa akin si Isaiah.

Una kong nakatinginan si Mr. Joel. Nahihiya siyang ngumiti sa akin. Isaiah told me that Mr. Joel already knew that this was going to happen eventually.

Tipid akong tumango bilang pagbati sa kanya bago nilingon ang dalawa.

Sic's eyes lit up when he saw me. "Zendie!"

He was about to run to greet me with a hug. My possessive Isaiah didn't let him, though. Before he could come closer, Isaiah already placed his hand in between me and Sic.

Tiningala ni Sic si Isaiah. He looked slightly offended. "Why are you being such a possessive boyfriend, Isaiah?" biro niya sa kaibigan sabay lingon sa akin. "We're friends! Right, Zendie?"

I just shyly smiled at him and didn't say anything, making Isaiah and Ike teased him more. Right then, I realized that Jirro wasn't with them. The band was incomplete.

Nang matapos silang mag-asaran ay lumapit na sa akin si Ike. "I'm happy for you and Isaiah," he sincerely told me.

Mas lalo akong napangiti. "Thank you..."

While I was exchanging glances with Ike and Sic, I felt Isaiah's hand crawled on my waist, pulling me closer to him.

The other members were a bit stunned to see his casual move. Ike bit his lower lip to suppress a smile, while Sic burst out laughing.

"Buti na lang at bukas pa ang flight ko! Too bad that Jirro couldn't see this..." Sic said, still laughing.

Sa sobrang kuryosodad ay hindi ko na napigilang lingunin si Isaiah para magtanong. "Nasaan si Jirro?"