Chapter 15

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 15
Live

"Got Music?"

As soon as I hit play, Ike was the first one I heard at the start of the video because of their greeting.

"New Classic!" All the other members followed. "Happy birthday, Zendaya!"

A hint of warmth spread over my chest. My lips quirked up into a huge smile as my eyes focused on Isaiah. The corners of his lips were also curled upwards.

"Thank you so much for all the hardwork and effort you exert for us and the fandom," Ike said. "I know it must be hard to balance everything, so we are really grateful because of your existence. Thank you for leading all First Class into behave and well-mannered fans. We owe that to you and as well as your co-admins. I wish you good health and may all your wishes come true."

"Yes, Zendaya. It's your birthday!" Ganadong sabi ni Sic at pumalakpak pa. "Like what Ike said, thank you so much for everything. Aabangan namin ang pakain mo sa amin. See you soon, Zendie!"

I chuckled because of the nickname Sic got for me. I didn't know where he got the idea to call me 'Zendie.' He called me that the last time we saw each other, which was two months ago, during their mall tour in Mall of Asia.

"Zendaya, I don't know what else to say, but I just really want to thank you for supporting us without inhibitions," Jirro said. "You've been with us for almost two years now. Sana ay hindi ka magsawa sa pagsuporta sa amin. Have a great day today!"

I pursed my lips, realizing that it had been a long time I started accepting the responsibility of being the president of First Class. It was a blissful journey as a fangirl. Being a First Class is the highlight of my youth―something that I would never forget.

"Zendaya, I hope you'll have a good day ahead to celebrate your special day."

When it was finally Isaiah's turn to speak, I sat straight to focus on him more.

"I will always be grateful and proud for having a dedicated and passionate fan like you. I hope that you'll continue to walk with us―for a long time―in this journey." I looked straight into his eyes. My heart welled up with happiness as I saw his sincerity. "Happy birthday, Zendaya. I wish you all the happiness you deserve."

"Once again..." Ike trailed and looked at the members.

"Happy birthday!" They all greeted me cheerfully at the end of the video.

Reclining on the headboard, shifting on a more relaxed position, I sighed with euphoric pleasure after watching the video.

I didn't expect that they would do a video greeting for me. I was surprised when I received a direct message from New Classic's official account. They sent me a video greeting to wish me a happy birthday.

My day started so well. I even received greetings from strangers, which were fans of New Classic. Knowing that I was the president of the fandom, they gave me warm greetings, making me feel like an important person. I also received birthday wishes from my friends―Jerlyn, Dawn, and Aya―and from my acquaintances at school.

I was looking forward to this day. Dati ay walang ganap sa aking birthday dahil busy silang lahat. I only went outside with Jerlyn. Ngayon, nagawa kong mapapayag sina mommy at daddy na kumain ng dinner sa labas. My brother also agreed to do it for me, even though he was having a rough relationship with my father.

Last night, I did spend the eve of my birthday with Jerlyn. We ate at a dinner buffet, and she bought me a gift. And since I treated Jerlyn, I would also be paying for the dinner with my family tonight. They actually wanted to pay for me, however, I wanted to be the one treating them this time around.