Chapter 4

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 4
Poster

That night, I went home with a heavy heart. But then, as I stared at his face on the poster I framed on my room and dwelt on my brother's words when we got home, I came with a deep thought that it was all right if he couldn't recognize me.

"Aren't you happy that you saw them today?" Kuya Zedrick asked, following me inside my room.

Seeing me painted with blue, I knew he wouldn't let the day pass without talking to me. I tried not to let it show, but my brother could read me like an open book.

With a smile on my face, I said, "Of course, I'm happy," I told the truth. "I'm really happy."

I wasn't lying.

I was really happy that I got to see them in person. Not every one had the chance to see them, so why wouldn't I be happy? To see them up close wasn't something that I should take for granted. I cherished every second that I was there. In addition, I also got to thank Isaiah, which was what I had been wanting to do.

However, I admitted that I was also feeling a bit down, knowing that Isaiah couldn't remember me. It was regretful.

"Then, why are your lips protruding?" he said, then casually pushed my lips using his fingers.

I dropped my head as I sighed heavily. "Remember what I told you about the member of the band that I really like?"

"Of course," he replied like it was an absurd thing to forget about it. "You keep on talking about him nonstop. How could I forget him? Isaiah's the name, right?"

As I saw his reaction―showing how sick he was of hearing about Isaiah―I chuckled a bit.

"So, what about him?" he probed.

He was acting like he was ready to fight Isaiah for making me sad.

"Four years ago, I met him here in our neighborhood."

Kuya Zedrick looked surprised. "You already met him before?"

I nodded. "The night when I went to the park, after mom and dad fought, I met him there," I said. "He saw me crying. He made a song for me. It was the same song I played over and over again."

"Smile is it?"

Once again, I bobbed my head. "He gave me this pick." I pulled the yellow pick out of my pocket to show him. He got it from me, and I pointed on Isaiah's cute faded drawing. "He put a cute smiley face, telling me how he wanted to see me smile."

There was no doubt that he made me happy with the song he made

There was no doubt that he made me happy with the song he made. It healed me in so many ways. It became my happy happy pill.

Ngumuso ako at binawi ang aking kamay.

"He said in an interview before that he remembered that night," I told Kuya Zedrick. "But earlier, he didn't recognized me. I guess I'm just expecting for something more, that's why I'm feeling so down and slightly disappointed."