Chapter 39

#NewClassicILIB

Chapter 39
First Time

It was half-past six in the evening when I arrived at City of Dreams. When the night fell, the sky was painted in twilight colors as darkness was starting to completely take over the daylight and reign during the night.

I didn't bring my car with me, so I was dropped off right at Nobu Hotel where I would meet Aya. I figured that she'd be staying here while she's in Manila.

As soon as I entered the lobby, I was warmly greeted by the staffs of the hotel. I scanned around the place and saw most people wearing semi-formal attires, while I stuck to my fashion―white jeans and ruffled blue off-shoulder top. I tied my hair in a loose half-ponytail and wore light make-up. Even with my simple get-up, I was confident that I blended in with everyone around me.

Just like what Aya instructed me, I approached the reception area in the lobby to get the spare key card of the room she booked. She said that I only had to say my name to the receptionist.

"Good evening! How may I help you, Ma'am?" One of the two receptionist politely greeted me with a friendly aura.

"I have a booking under the name Zendaya Gregorio," I told her.

"Okay. One moment, Ma'am." She began searching for my reservation on her monitor and once she was done, she looked up and arranged everything for me. "Our bellboy will escort you to your suite," she told me as she gave the key card to the man beside me.

"Oh, okay. Thank you very much."

"My pleasure."

Without ado, I followed the bellboy to the suite. We went up to the designated floor using the lift. It was very efficient to have the bellboy leading me that I didn't have to wander around just to find where I should go.

When we arrived in front of the suite, the bellboy slid the key card to unlock the door before he gave it to me.

"Enjoy your stay," he bid with a smile, then walked away.

Bago ako tuluyang pumasok sa loob ay nag-DM muna ako kay Aya para sabihing nandito na ako. Once the message was sent, I carefully opened the door while keeping the key card inside my bag. I gripped on the chain strap of the side bag as I walked further into the suite.

The romantic decorations in the living room area greeted me. White, pink, and red mini balloons were scattered on the floor, along with rose petals of the same colors. On the center table, there was a beautiful candle centerpiece. A huge bouquet of red roses was also seated on the sofa. But what caught my attention the most was the night city view on the huge window.

My lips parted, thinking that the receptionist had made a huge mistake. Inisip ko na baka mali ang naibigay niya sa aking key card. Kaya naman mabilis kong tinalikuran ang lahat para makaalis. I didn't want to spoil a huge surprise which was meant for another person.

However, just as I spun around to leave the room, I suddenly heard a familiar tune playing from a guitar. I stopped on my tracks, and my forehead creaed.

Like in the movies, I saw Isaiah Mallari walked out from the room. His smile reached up to his eyes, straight staring at me while playing his guitar. I even caught a sight of the guitar pick I gave him.

The strumming grew louder as he got closer. For a moment, I thought I was just hallucinating. My heart stopped beating as I forgot to breathe. But then, he started singing which made me realize that it wasn't just a hallucination.

Faded jeans,
Plain tees
You're simple just like that

As my heart continued to do its job after a short pause, its beat followed the rhythm of the song.