I

A/N: Huge thank you and shout out to @Vanilla6124for making the chapter banners

A/N: Huge thank you and shout out to @Vanilla6124for making the chapter banners. What amazing work am I right?

The night chill was refreshing as I walked through the woods that surround the small town I resided in, Clarmore. There were stories of creatures in the forest and of children who went missing traveling too far from civilization, but that's all they were, stories. The sun was beginning to set, but it was a full moon tonight so I was confident that the bright light would be able to show me the way home. If not, I always carried my  headlamp. Ever since I was little, the outdoors always brought me peace and solace. Sometimes, I would enjoy the quiet while other times I would listen to music while hiking the non exist trails. As I reached a clearing on a small cliff, I sat down and admired the beauty of the moon that glowed brightly. I had hiked a longer distance than I usually had and was tired. Closing my eyes, I told herself I would just take a little nap so I could hike the couple miles back to her home.

The moon seemed to be getting bright and closer. I blinked my eyes thinking I was seeing things, but when I looked up, I saw a woman, floating towards me. She was pale as snow with beautiful silver hair. It was a chilly tonight, but this woman was wearing a dress that flowed against her skin, barely covering her. As the radiating woman stepped onto the edge of the cliff she started to walk towards me. I stood up, but couldn't move as I was captivated by the sight in front of me, and I couldn't deny that I was scared.

"My child, there is no need to fear me." As she stepped closer to me, I suddenly felt very at peace. "I need you to remind them, Alanna."

"How do you know my name? Remind who of what?" I asked her.

"You will know in time." The pale lady placed the palm of her hand on my head. "Take this as a gift from me to you. Use it wisely." My head started to feel a little warm and I noticed there was a small light emanating from her palm. When she took her hand away, she smiled at me and then turned back towards the cliff, walking away.

"Wait." I called after her and she stopped, not turning around. "Can you at least tell me your name." I took a couple steps towards her and she finally turned around smiling at me.

"Selene. Now wake up." She raised a hand to her mouth and lightly blew dust into my face.

I jolted awake, coughing, looking around me. Weird dream... I was sitting against a tree and the moon was getting higher in the sky. Shit. I pulled out my headlamp and started walking towards my home. Clarmore was a small town with lots of small houses and cabins everywhere. I managed to snag an abandoned cabin just outside of town in the woods. No one had lived there for years and no one wanted to because they were all too scared of the forest. It was the perfect place for me, small, quiet. As I neared my cabin, I noticed that my wood stock was getting low and I made a mental note that I would need to chop some more wood before winter came if I wanted to keep warm. I trudged up my front stairs and took off my boots, keeping them outside as to not track in the dirt I had collected. I unlocked my door and walked in, setting my small backpack down by the door and stripping myself of my light sweatshirt and my socks, tossing them by my washing machine. I didn't need much space so my one roomed cabin was very homey and welcoming. The kitchen consisted of a small stove, fridge, and only a little counter space with minimal cabinets as well. I had a small table with a couple chairs and then a loveseat and lounge chair for my living room on the opposite side of the kitchen. My bedroom was tucked away in the loft, requiring me to climb the ladder that divided my living space from my kitchen.