XXII

Day of the Full Moon

I was mostly excited for today, but once I went downstairs for breakfast, the awkward glances that I was getting was making me nervous. Annoyed, I picked up my breakfast and walked outside to sit in the gazebo, alone. I ate in peace for about 10 minutes before Taehyung found me.

"Morning." He said and I could tell that he was nervous and awkward as well.

"God you all are acting like I'm going to die or something." Taehyung was quiet. "Ok, poor choice of words, but seriously! I really think I will be fine. You remember what James said and I trust Selene." Taehyung walked to the ledge of the Gazebo and leaned his back against it.

"That makes one of us." He muttered. I slowly stood up and went over to him.

"Babe." I quietly said and he slowly looked over at me with a smile.

"I'm just nervous."

"And I get that, but let's not ruin the entire day dreading tonight." I said as I stood right in front of him reaching out for his hands.

"You're right."

"Now, you still have yet to fully tell me what will happen tonight. Care to share?"

"Of course. So, we need to wait until the moon is highest in the sky which is about 6PM. We need to be in the light of the moon so that means outside. Typically, we do this just you and me, but Jin won't be far away just in case..." He stopped for a minute and I squeezed his hand, comforting him. "I've been told that you confess your love for each other and then mark your mate."

"So vows?" I asked.

"I mean I guess."

"Well shit, I need to start thinking then and write it down." I pulled away trying to think of everything I would want to say. He grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Don't write anything down. Just say whatever you want when we are together under the light ok?" He said as I smiled.

"So this mark?" I nervously asked.

"Ya. As James and Mika said, I will bring my fangs forward and basically bite you and typically you would do the same to me except you don't have fangs so I guess I will be markless." I giggled a little.

"Where will the mark be?"

"Honestly, wherever you want. I have seen mates marked on the neck, wrist, leg and I have heard of even weirder places." His eyes went wide and then we both laughed.

"What about the wrist?" I asked. "That way I can actually see it whenever I want." I gave him a small smile and he pulled me into him, kissing me.

"Sounds good."

Taehyung and I finally parted ways so we could train once again today. I tried to strengthen my energy so I could give more to the pack members as well as use their abilities for longer periods of time. In the afternoon, I sparred with Jungkook and managed to land a couple hits.