XIII

I was on the cold concrete floor, hand on my chest trying to breath. The image of seeing myself in front of the cave playing over and over in my head. How did he know about my dream and not just know it, but see it? It was exactly the same as how I saw it! The same dress, the forest, the open cave. I could hear shouts all around me, but they sounded more like an echo. My vision was blurry as I blinked trying to see straight. I felt hands on my face and tried to look at the image before me, trying to slow down my breathing. Slowly, the image became clear as I saw Taehyung kneeling in front of me talking to me with his hands on my face.

"Alanna? Are you ok? Can you hear me? Alanna?" He looked so scared and as I slowly started to focus on him, I could feel how scared he was. I reached up and placed my hands on top of his and slowly nodded. He pulled me towards him as his arms wrapped around my shoulder and my head laid on his chest. His heart was beating so fast.

"How did he see that?" I said quietly. Taehyung pulled my head away from his chest and held me in front of him. I stared into his eyes. "How?" Was all I managed to say. Taehyung looked just as confused as I did.

"I-I don't know." James came over and knelt down next to us, putting a hand on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Are you two ok?" He asked. We both nodded. "What happened?"

"Do you remember the dreams I told you about?" Taehyung asked and James nodded. "He somehow knew one of them. We saw the dream playing back in his head." James looked very confused and shocked.

"Anything else?"

"A name, Euric. That was all we got." Taehyung said.

"What about this prophecy? James, have you heard about this?" Grayson stepped forward.

"Prophecy?" I asked.

"He said the prophecy is real. When I asked what it was he said something about obtaining a blade and you need the woman in white, the Alpha's human." He looked at me nervously. I tried to look past Taehyung to see the man in the chair and noticed how lifeless he was.

"What happened?" I turned towards Grayson.

"Looks like suicide. Had something in his mouth but not sure why he waited till now. We got information out of him." He answered. I started to stand up and both Taehyung and James helped me up.

"You good?" Taehyung asked. I nodded.

"I just...need to get some air," I said as I walked towards the door. Taehyung started to follow me, but stopped once I turned towards him. "Alone, please." I could see that he wanted to protest and then felt bad that I didn't want him with me, but he agreed and let me walk out by myself. I made my way up the stairs and tried to remember how to get back outside. Thankfully it wasn't too difficult as I passed by the living room and walked down the hallway, keeping my head down. I opened the door and walked towards the Gazebo, but instead of turning towards the path to go into the Gazebo, I kept walking. I managed to reach the edge of the garden as it turned into a forest. I walked a little ways into the treeline and then stopped, placing a hand on a tree to steady myself. I tried to calm my breathing and ease my mind, but instead, I curled over and threw up. I felt hands pull my hair back and softly rub my back. When I finally felt a little better, I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand and turned to face whoever had followed me.