VIII

Next Morning

I managed to avoid Taehyung all day yesterday and was ready to talk to him, but I don't think I will get a chance today. It was training day and from what I understood, they were going to be busy all day. I put my hair up and grabbed a hat so no one would ask me about my weird hair color as I left my room. I had slept in a bit and noticed almost everyone was already outside. I grabbed something quick for breakfast and sat on the stairs to the porch waiting for everything to begin. Once everyone arrived, I saw Taehyung stand up and start talking. He had a headband on that pushed his hair back out of his face and it looked hot.

"It's that time of the week where we test our skills not just as wolves but as werewolves. I will pair you up and the sparing will start shortly. Jungkook will be walking around to make sure everyone's form is on point. Remember, give it your all, but let's try not to destroy our opponent." I heard laughs coming from everyone. "Willa and Jimin. Yoongi and Jin. Hosek and Namjoon. Dakota you're with me." Everyone paired off as Jungkook started walking around.

"Fight!" Jungkook shouted.

"I watched as everyone was fighting really well. I felt like I needed some popcorn watching this action movie. I was glancing over everyone, but my eyes kept going to Dakota and Taehyung. She said she was one of the strongest in the pack so I wasn't surprised that she was paired with the Alpha. However, when she made her way to him, she seemed annoyed, like she knew she was going to lose. This went on for about 10 minutes when the unthinkable happened. Dakota had Taehyung pinned to the ground and he was not strong enough to get up. Seeing that he was struggling, Dakota stood up and backed away, frightened. Jungkook's face was in shock and slowly everyone stopped and turned towards their Alpha on the ground.

"Why did you stop? I said to give it your all!" Taehyung shouted as he got up. He was rubbing his shoulder and he looked furious.

"I-I just umm I don't-" Taehyung got in her face and yelled back.

"The enemy is not going to go easy on you. You can't stop Dakota!" She put her head down.

"Yes sir."

Taehyung angrily walked off around the side of the house. I stood up and walked over to Jungkook who looked stunned.

"Why is he so mad?" I asked him.

"He's never lost a fight." He then turned to me looking right into my eyes. "Never!"

"He's weakened right now. Only temporary." I heard Willa say as her gaze met mine. Then it hit me. Werewolves who have met their mate but have not yet bonded are weak. I couldn't help but to feel guilty. I followed where Taehyung went and noticed him pacing. As soon as he saw me, he stopped and turned to me, but didn't say anything.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi." He looked down at the ground. There was an awkward silence between us as neither one knew what to say.