XXIII

Alanna POV

I felt as though I had just completed an intense sparring session with Jungkook as I felt my heart race and I gasped for breath, but I didn't feel tired. Instead, I felt the best that I had ever felt. As I raised my head, I looked over at the only man that mattered right now. Our eyes met and something felt different. I couldn't figure out what it was, but there was something about him. It was as if I was looking at him for the very first time, but the same love I had for him was still there. I smiled, knowing that everything was going to be ok now and he smiled back.

"I like your hair." He said and I furrowed my brows.

I reached up to touch my hair and pulled some in front of my face. It was grey!

"How did...?" I said out loud.

"Your heart stopped and then we watched as your hair just turned color." I turned to Willa who answered my question.

"Coolest shit I've seen in a long time." Jimin said and we all started laughing.

"Wait a minute." Taehyung said. "Her heart stopped?" He looked over at Jin who nodded.

"Yours did too. We watched as the moon turned from red back to gray and then you both started breathing again. I have no explanation, so don't even ask." Jin said, putting his hands up.

"James, do you know anything about hearts stopping or why the moon turned red?" Taehyung asked as he began to stand up. Jungkook and Hoseok were right there to help him up. I started to stand as well with Willa and Dakota helping me.

"I don't, but the Council has been eager to know this outcome so I will share the details and see if there is an explanation." James said.

I looked over at Taehyung and there was something that swelled within me out of nowhere that I almost gasped. I felt extremely warm and noticed my heart rate start to increase a little as butterflies danced in my stomach. I wanted him. I needed him. As our eyes met, I bit my lip trying to calm myself down and somehow I knew that he was feeling the exact same way.

"Why don't we all retire for the evening. Now that we are past this, we need to figure out our next step with the Daeva. It's going to be a long day tomorrow so get some rest." James said and everyone started walking back inside.

I heard James's words and I knew that everyone was headed inside, but my eyes still did not look away from Taehyung's. He slowly walked closer to me and licked his lips which sent a shiver down my spine. He slowly let his hands travel from my waist to my low back as he pressed his forehead against mine. I was breathing heavy already and nothing had happened as I closed my eyes and felt how much he wanted me right now. His need to dominate me was evident, but this time, I welcomed it. I grabbed his hand and ran inside, dragging him behind me.

We were giggling like high school students as we bumped into someone running up the stairs and then into the room we were staying in. He closed the door behind him and turned towards me slowly.