XIV

The music was loud and everyone was having a great time. I was sitting with Dakota and Andrea talking about random things, trying to hear each other over everyone trying to sing along. I noticed my drink was empty and needed another. I asked Dakota and Andrea if they needed another and they both said that they did. I made my way to the kitchen laughing at Jungkook, Myles, Reed, Hosek, Jimin, Jin, and Kai all dancing on our makeshift dance floor. I grabbed a couple beers out of one of the fridges they had, they had two, and turned around to head back when I ran right into Grayson.

"Sorry. Didn't see you." I went to move around him, but he blocked me.

"I was hoping I could ask you a question, Do you mind?"

"Oh sure. What's up." I leaned against the counter and he did the same.

"So, you're human, but you have this ability that is just...wow" His eyes went wide as he took a drink. I took a drink as well wondering what he was getting at. "And your Taehyung's mate right?"

"Mhmm." I nodded.

"So have you been marked then?" He asked.

"No, we're still trying to figure out the implications of that." I furrowed my brows wondering why that mattered.

"So how sure can you be that you are actually his mate? Maybe he's making this all up." I had to pause for a minute because there was a little bit of truth to what he was saying. I wasn't a werewolf so I wouldn't know what the connection truly felt like.

"Maybe he is." Grayson looked at me surprised. "But that still wouldn't change the way I feel about him and I know how he really feels about me." I took a step to leave, but he stepped in front of me, trapping me between him and the counter.

"You don't know if he's the best though. You should see what else or, who else there is that could be a better match for you." He reached out and brushed his fingers against my arm. I looked at what he was doing and scoffed and leaned closer to him.

"I don't have to see who else there is. Taehyung is who I want to be with." I clenched my jaw as I pulled away from him and looked him straight in the eye. He was smirking at me and I just wanted to hit him.

"Hey, you alright Alanna?" I heard Hosek's voice from the doorway. Without looking away from Grayson's eyes, I answered him.

"I'm good Hosek." Hosek still didn't move and I knew he was waiting. "If you will excuse me please, I have a party to get to." I told Grayson and he moved out of my way. I grabbed the drinks I came for and walked out of the kitchen.

"Everything good?" Hosek leaned towards me asking.

"Yup." Was all I said as I entered the living room and gave Dakota and Andrea their drinks. Grayson was not far behind me as he sat down with a stupid smile on his face as he looked my way and then winked at me. My eyes moved from him to a man that was not far from him. Taehyung was talking with Namjoon and Roman and they were all laughing and smiling. I smiled at the interaction between the boys and saw Taehyung grab his drink, lifting it to his lips as his eyes traveled across the room and landed on mine. He nodded in my direction and smiled when he put his drink down. I did the same and something weird started to rise within me. Even though he was in the same room as me, I started to miss him. The last time, and maybe the only time, we have been able alone together and had fun was on our hike to the waterfall. Every other time I was either patching him up or he was telling me what to do. I made a note to ask him later if we could just hang out and try to forget about everything that was going on for a bit.