XIX

Flashback Taehyung POV

"You're right I don't like this." I said staring at Grayson who just rolled his eyes at me.

"Taehyung, it's not the worst idea though." James said.

I walked away from the group and paced in the hallway. They wanted to use Alanna and I wouldn't even be able to fight and help her. I knew they would still go ahead with this as I was outnumbered. They continued to go through the details as I leaned against the wall in the hallway. Jungkook walked out and made his way in my direction, standing right next to me.

"Do you really not like this plan or is it just because Gray came up with it?" He asked me. I ran my hands down my face taking a deep breath.

"I don't know." I said, hanging my head and looking to the ground.

"He's right though. We need to know where the blade is and how Alanna is involved. We're only going to follow them to the location and see what happens, then we will intervene."

"She's not going to give into them. She's too stubborn." I said as I saw Grayson walking towards me while everyone else had their eyes on us.

"That's why we need to provide the Daeva with leverage." Grayson said. I looked over at him confused. "Come on Taehyung, that girl will do anything for you." I couldn't help but to let out a small smile. "But you need to play the part. Can you do that?"

Present Alanna POV

Seeing Taehyung so weak and hurt broke me and I felt I had no other choice, but to do whatever Euric wanted. Once Taehyung and the men holding him had left, I was picked up and dragged to the kitchen with Euric leading the way. They sat me down in a chair and a bowl of...something was placed in front of me.

"I need you strong. Eat." Euric said as he sat down next to me. I looked at the beige liquid in front of me and shook my head. "I didn't ask." He said and I slowly picked up the spoon and brought some to my mouth. It tasted like extremely watery mashed potatoes and I tried my best to swallow each bite until the bowl was empty. I looked over to the sliding door and saw the firepit where we had our New Moon party. I saw the treeline that I had run to so many times. My feet wanted to run now, but I remembered they still had Taehyung and I needed to make sure he was safe.

"Once you have the blade, Taehyung and I are free to go?" I asked and Euric nodded. "You're not just going to kill us right away?" He turned towards me with a disgusting smile.

"My dear, I wouldn't be here if I didn't make deals with the right people." He smirked and then got up from the table. He turned to the men that were on either side of me. "Get her ready and meet us outside. He left and I was pulled up from my seat and taken back into the living room. My hands were bound together tightly with a coarse rope. It seemed like we waited forever, in silence, before Euric finally came back and led us outside. We started walking into the woods when I heard the sound of chains behind me. I turned back to see about 5 men surrounding Taehyung.