XXVI

"We don't really have any time for much of a plan so let's split the packs. Taehyung, you take the front of the house and we'll take the back." James said, coming over to Taehyung. "Let's show them what we're made of."

He reached his hand towards Taehyung as they both grabbed hold of the other's forearm. They both nodded and then flug their heads back, letting out a howl. Immediately the others joined in and I covered my ears from the piercing sound, but couldn't help to let a small smile creep along my lips.

James let go of Taehyung's arm and walked towards the back door. Taehyung turned to the rest of us and took a deep breath.

"Right, Yoongi and Hoseok, I need you two to stand as leads. We will spread out in the front lawn, covering as many angles as we can. Dakota, stay back with Jin. Sorry man, but we need you to stay staff just in case." Jin nodded understanding and Dakota put an arm around him. "Jimin, Willa, and Namjoon, I need you all behind Yoongi and Hoseok. Dakota, can you make it look like there are twice as many of us?"

"You got it boss." She said.

Taehyung then turned to me, not knowing what to say and I could tell he didn't want to give me orders.

"Just tell me what you need." I said, waiting for my own orders.

"I need you right in the middle, strengthening whomever needs it." I nodded in agreement. "Your shoulder." He motioned towards the wound on my shoulder. I motioned towards Jin and pulled his ability towards me. I felt the pain lessening and pulling my shirt back, not a single mark was left in my skin.

"Let's go get ready to stand our ground." Taehyung said as we left the main room and headed out the front door. We all spread out like he said and stood, waiting, and listening for any sound. I watched as Taehyung went over to Willa, whispering something to her and then standing in front of Yoongi and Hoseok.

Copies of the Fortis pack started to appear scattered within our own pack and I turned to see Dakota's fingers moving in the dark. I sent my energy towards her so she could keep the illusions up longer.

I usually loved the silence of the forest and how peaceful it was, but tonight, I hated it. All Jungkook had said was that they were coming, but we had no idea how many or far away they actually were and the unknown was terrifying.

It all began when a single dagger came flying from the left side of the forest, barely missing Jimin as he moved out of the way. We all turned towards that direction, but it was only a distraction and I heard Willa shift and attack the first Daeva that ran out of the right side of the forest. Men trickled out of the treeline, attacking the first thing they saw. Thankfully, a lot of them tried to attack the illusions Dakota had created and so were attacked from behind. Yoongi shifted and tore a Daeva apart while another jumped on his back. Hoseok reached over and ripped the man off of his friend, shifting and then tearing him apart as well. I was actually feeling a little optimistic about this when I saw how little Daeva were coming out of the forest and how easily the Invicta pack picked them off.

As sudden as they came, it all ended. We had defeated every figure that krept out of the shadows and now there was no one left.

"Everyone ok?" Taehyung asked and everyone responded with an ok.

"Jin, check on Fortis." He said.

I turned to see Jin walk back into the house and I instinctively followed just in case I would be needed. We walked through the house in silence and out the back door where we saw the other pack sitting down, resting. I was on edge knowing this was not the end.

"Jin, help." Someone called and we rushed to the voice. When we reached the grass clearing, Reed was on the ground with a cut across his stomach. It was bad and he was coughing up blood. "Can you fix this?" Kai had asked as he held Reed's head in his lap. Andrea was next to him holding his hand.