VI

Jin and I worked well together as he helped me cut up the vegetables I needed. Once everything was simmering in the pot, I then helped him make some cupcakes. I told him about my boring life in Clarmore and some of my favorite books as well. I was happy to learn that Jin enjoyed reading as well so we swapped summaries of our favorite books. We hung out in the kitchen for a bit until the smell of the stew wafted throughout the house, slowly bringing the members of the pack into the kitchen. We all grabbed a beer and then each filled a bowl with my now famous stew. Everyone made their way out to the backyard to enjoy the cooling evening. No one was talking as they were filling their mouths and I became nervous. I looked at everyone, wondering if anyone would say anything.

"Wow Alanna! This is amazing!" Willa said, giving me a huge smile. Everyone else chimed in telling me how much they liked it and I felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Once we finished dinner, Yoongi and Jimin started to light the fire as the sun was getting lower in the sky. Once it was lite, we all picked seats around the fire. I sat in between Jungkook and Dakota while I had a perfect view of Taehyung who was pretty much straight across from me. Willa was sitting next to Yoongi, but eventually got up and ended up sitting on his lap, wrapping an arm around his neck. While everyone was having their own conversations with those next to them, I turned to Dakota.

"So, I know how Willa and Yoongi met, but how did you and Jin met?" It was loud enough that Jin, who was sitting on the other side of Dakota holding her hand, had heard me ask and leaned into the conversation.

"It's not as exciting as their story, but it's still cute I think." JIn said winking at Dakota who then turned back to me.

"We actually grew up together as many of us did. We got along pretty well as kids and then when we both reached full maturity which is at 18, we knew we were mates. It was great to be friends first, knowing each other and where we came from." I watched her turn to look at Jin as he gave her a quick kiss and then she turned back to me.

"So you all grew up together?" I asked her.

"Most of us. Myself, Jin, Hosek, Yoongi, and Taehyung all did. Taehyung's father was our Alpha, but when he was old enough to become an Alpha himself, he left and we all wanted to join him. Namjoon and Jimin were from another pack that we had close ties with and willingly joined us. Willa and Jungkook were actually rogue wolves who we took in."

"Jungkook told me about him and Willa as well as how Yoongi and Willa first met. Pretty crazy." I took a swig of my beer and looked across the fire. I noticed Taehyung talking with Willa and Hosek and he had the biggest smile on his face especially when he laughed. He looked all cozy in a zip up sweatshirt with his hood pulled up. When he smiled, his mouth was almost in this box shape and his eyes seemed to disappear. I couldn't help but to smile myself seeing him.

"Ya I guess, but your story is way better." I heard Dakota say and then I turned to face her.

"What do you mean?" Both Dakota and Jin gave each other a look.