02

"Hey, Yuri." Hyewon, entering the classroom, ran to the said girl who was currently sitting on her chair, staring on nothing. She dropped her bag on her own seat next to Yuri and quickly poked the latter.

Yuri looked at her wearing her emotionless face, but her eyes, full of worries. She was about to speak but remembered that she can't. She raised her eyebrow, asking Hyewon what she wanted to say.

"You got voted for the contest?" Hyewon asked. Yuri frowned, she had forgotten that for a while, but she remembered it again. "I know you're good at piano, but will you actually perform?"

Yuri scrunched her face and wrote on Hyewon's hand.

'Don't you trust me?'

"Of course I trust you. But, what if you pass out because of all those people?" Hyewon said as if she was panicking.

Yuri gave her a 'what-do-you-mean-look.'

"Well, My hamster died because I overfed it. What if—" Yuri didn't let Hyewon finish her sentence as she smacked the back of her head real hard. "Mean..."

Yuri rolled her eyes. Does Hyewon think she will die because of nervousness? Or will she?

She just stared blankly outside the window. Seeing all those students, some familiar, some are not, they probably teamed up just to embarrass her. She saw all the participants in the office a while ago and they only has few votes, not even half from her.

Well, of course she can play piano, she took lessons before. Heck, she can even sing. Only of she has 'that' level of confidence, she can perform on millions of people and let all of them know that she can stand up by herself. She can prove all of them wrong.

But that isn't the case at all. She doesn't like being on the spotlight. She doesn't like being the center of attention. She cried on one of her recitals at grade school, adding to her trauma.

"Yuri had the most votes for the contest. I don't think she can do it."

"Of course she can't. She can't do anything."

"She's just a trash compared to the other contestants."

"Bet she'll back out."

Those were the first things she heard when she went inside the school. No one trusts her. And that's because they doesn't know her.

She knows deep inside her, she wants to do it. She doesn't want to back out either. Who would want to lose this chance right?

After classes, she quickly went home.

"Dad, we still have that piano right?" Yuri asked her father when she stepped inside their house.

"Hmm, I think so. It's still at the back, maybe." Her father answered. She nodded and ran to the back of their house.

She scanned through all the trash and old things, coughing all the time as she look for the piano. That thing was as precious as food for her so she's sure her dad can't throw that out.

She walked around and kicked some things, resulting her toe to hurt after she kicked a really hard thing.

She gasped when she saw the keys of the piano and quickly blew all the dust that was covering it. She sneezed but didn't mind at all since all she wanted was to bring the piano back inside.

"Dad, can you help me?!" Yuri yelled on the top of her lungs as she was really excited. Her dad then went to where she was and helped her carry the piano in to her room.

"Hey, what's so exciting huh?" Her father asked.

"Nothing dad." Yuri smiled and locked the door leaving her father outside the door who just shrugged from her actions.

"Now, let me set you up and play." Yuri said and clasped her hands together.

After setting her piano up, she heard small knocks on her door.

"Minju here!" She heard a yell from outside. She sighed. This girl has been visiting her so often these days and she's not liking that idea of disturbing all her alone time.

Yuri headed towards the door and unlocked it, seeing a smiling Minju, she sighed again.

"You really don't like it when I visit you, huh?" Minju asked.

"Yep."

"Hey, what's with the piano?" Minju asked and sat on the chair. She knows how to play it also since she took lessons with Yuri before.

"For the contest?" Yuri answered.

"Oh right, I see. That was why I came here. I forgot." Minju said and chuckled by herself.

"*sigh*, Minju did it again." Yuri said. The other girl pouted and just stared at Yuri.

"You're really sure you'll accept that?" Minju asked, visibly worried about Yuri.

"I... I don't know?" Yuri said and sat on her bed. "All I know is that those students just played with me and they want me to be embarrassed like what they always do."

"You know what, Yul? You should showcase your talent." Minju sighed. "You can sing, you can even dance. You have to show them. I'm not forcing you to do so but if you don't accept this, you'll regret it. You loved playing piano so much."

Minju was right. She knows Yuri too well. Yuri was contemplating whether to join or just back out.

"Can you still play?" Minju asked. Yuri shrugged.

"Maybe?" She said. "Maybe not."

"You should try this time, Yul. I'll support you." Minju smiled. "I think it's gonna rain, I'm gonna go home now. Bye!"

Yuri waved at her and let her close the door. She started to press some keys.

"Alright, let's get it."

A/N
Hey, it's been a while. I'm guilty for not updating. I just finished bestfriend and I'm now gonna be active here.
I think this will be another fluffy fic idk
I'm literally so excited for IZ*ONE CHU 3 and the comeback(I'm expecting Banana*iz)🍌.
-985 words-
🌟💬