06

Author

"Hey, did Yuri show up at class today?" Minju asked Hyewon who was now eating her lunch.

"Well, no. I even messaged her and she did not replied." Hyewon said. "You saw her, Wonyo?"

"Nope. We're classmates." Wonyoung said.

"Ah, right." Hyewon smiled. "Where's Yujin by the way. Both the puppies are missing."

"She texted me last night that she'll be going on an outing with her family. I think that's why she's not here." Wonyoung said. Both girls turned their heads to look at her. "What..?"

"Yah, you two are so obvious. Are you dating?" Minju poked Wonyoung's shoulder as she shook her shoulders, and teasingly stared at her.

"No unnie. Stop thinking of useless things." Wonyoung avoided eye contact and just munched her food.

"Yuri told me she saw you both holding hands last week." Minju chuckled. But stopped when she realized what she said.

"She... Told you?" Hyewon asked.

"Ah n-no. She sent a text." Minju laughed awkwardly. Both just shrugged it off and continued their food.

'That was close.' Minju thought.

---

The next day

"You skipped class again, didn't you?" Chaewon asked the duck beside her. "You always do that, aren't you concerned about your grades?"

"Chae, I don't worry about that. I don't care." Yena said. "And you're here also. So you're also skipping classes."

"I just skipped lunch. It's not skipping classes." Chaewon reasoned. Yena just shrugged and continued feeding the duck in front of her. "It looks like you're feeding yourself." She giggled.

"Yah yah yah. Stop teasing me. Shoo! Go to your girlfriend."

"K fine. Your bag is still inside the room. Don't make me get that for your again." Chaewon said and climbed up the fence.

"I'll go in once classes ended." Yena said.

---

Once Yena heard the school bell rang, she dusted herself and climber up the fence.

She doesn't really want to skip classes but she just doesn't like studying more.

After making sure that there are no teachers on the hallway, she ran as fast as she can to get her bag. When she was finally outside the room, she scanned the inside but found nothing.

"What? Where did I left that?" Yena asked herself. "Did Chaewon already took it?"

She headed downstairs and called Chaewon. The girl didn't even waited for Yena to ask and quickly said.

'I don't have your bag.'

And then ended the call. Yena swore she heard a soft moan on the other line.

"She mist be banging on her girlfriend right now."

Yena paced around the gym but her bag was still nowhere to be found.

"Oh how can I forget." Yena face palmed as she exited the gym. She left her bag in the music room so that it won't be hard to get it. "Stupid me."

Entering the room, she heard a piano playing inside the small practice room. She just let the person playing inside to continue. She grabbed her bag and was about to walk out when she heard that person sing.

'I heard that voice before...'

She took a quick glance inside and saw a girl with her hair raised in a bun, playing the piano and singing a song.

언젠가 우리의 밤도 모두 지나가겠죠
eonjenga uliui bamdo modu jinagagessjyo

끝없는 어둠이 밀려와도 난 다신
kkeut-eobsneun eodum-i millyeowado nan dasin

두려워하지는 않죠 우리 두 손 꼭 잡고서
dulyeowohajineun anhjyo uli du son kkog jabgoseo

어둠 끝자락 함께 걸어갈게요
eodum kkeutjalag hamkke geol-eogalgeyo

'That's beautiful...' Yena stared at the girl. 'Wait, is that...?'

Yena squinted her eyes but it widened right after when she realized who that girl was.

"Jo Yuri?"

Shockingly, not really, Yena stepped back and bumped a vase behind her.

She quickly catches it before it falls.

"Thank God." She sighed. She then heard a loud gasp beside her and when she looked at where the sound came from, she saw a certain hamster staring at her with mouth agape.

Yena stood up quickly and arranged her uniform. She gained her posture back as she smirked at Yuri.

"I thought you were mute... But hearing you sing proves the opposite." Yena said.

Yuri's heart started beating real hard. She made sure the students have already exited the school before playing her piece.

She grabbed her bag and quickly ran out of the room.

Yena, on the other hand, went inside the practice room and saw a piece of paper that fell on the floor. She picked it up and saw an unfinished lyric sheet.

"She composed that?" Yena asked, still mesmerized over the latter's voice. "What a masterpiece."

---

"Hey dad, you should rest. Don't stress yourself out." Yuri told her dad who's currently reading some newspapers, trying to find some jobs available.

"Yul, I need to support you at least until you graduate. You can't just go on without me." Her dad then said. "I'm okay."

"Dad, you're not. The doctor told you that you should rest." Yuri held her dad's arms to support him standing up. "I'll bring you your medi—"

"I SAID I'M OKAY, YURI!" Yuri stepped back a bit and let go of her father's arms.

"I-I'm sorry." Yuri apologized. "I'm sorry for caring." She then went inside her room and slammed the door hard.

Her father outside just sighed and took out his medicines by himself. He didn't meant shouting at Yuri.

"My life's so messed up." Yuri said to herself. "You're poor, got fired out of job, had to join that freaking contest and that school bully even heard you sing. What are you gonna do now?"

She sighed and just scrolled down her phone.

"Wait..." Yuri stared at her wall after realizing something. "Oh shit, my lyric paper. I left it at school." Yuri face palmed and sighed once again. "Why am I so unlucky these days?"

A/N
I've been focused on updating ESCAPE so I didn't really had time to update this. Mianhae~
I just updated cause I feel good. Iz*one chu 3 lateeeer!!!!
-1008 words-
🌟💬