04

"Yena." Yena looked up to see Chaewon staring at her.

"What?" Yena asked. Chaewon sat next to her and leaned on her chair.

"Minju told me she saw you running out of Yuri's house yesterday." Chaewon said. Yena looked at her intently.

"N-no I didn't. Maybe that's not me." Chaewon was sure she heard Yena stutter. Making it more obvious that she really came to Yuri's house the day before.

"Don't lie to me, Choi. I know you." Chaewon said.

"Yah, I'm starting to notice that you're being really soft to that Yuri huh?" Yena said, changing the topic.

"It's because I respect her." Chaewon answered. "And, she's Minju's friend since grade school. Why are you even changing the topic?"

"Because I want to." Yena shrugged her shoulders like nothing and didn't paid attention to Chaewon or to any other people for the whole day.

---

"Hey, Yuri." Yuri looked up and saw Minju already seated in front of her. They're at the school's garden and since it's lunch time now, they have free time. There's only a few students so Yuri stayed there. "You know you can speak when you're with me."

"Someone might hear us." Yuri whispered right Minju's ear and went back to her old position.

"Psh. By the way, I saw Yena coming from your house yesterday night?" Minju said, Yuri looked at her. "Yah, are you two seeing each other?"

Yuri shook her head furiously as she made an 'X' with both of her hands.

"K then." Minju shrugged. "Let's go home later together, let's buy ice cream." Yuri just nodded while Minju walked out.

Yuri was about to stand up and head to her room, but then she heard her name being called.

"Jo Yuri." She turned around and saw Yiren with some of her friends, standing while crossing their arms. Yuri just looked at them. "I heard that. Hmm. Yena went to your house, really?"

Yuri shook her head again. 'That frog.' She thought, internally scolding Minju.

"Right, no one will get near a trash like you." Yuri wanted to laugh at what Yiren said. She's literally going near her right now. "Tell me, Jo Yuri. What's your intentions huh? Did you study here to get all the girls? Or else, to seduce them?" Yiren smirked as Yuri hit the wall behind her. Yuri wanted to roll her eyes badly right now but she can't since Yiren will probably get more mad if she did.

"Why won't you just speak? Are you mute or what?" Yiren crossed her arms again and stared at Yuri intently. She avoided her gaze when Yuri returned with a burning glare.

'Look who's scared now, tsk.' Yuri thought to herself.

"Are you mute?" Yiren asked again. Yuri still didn't spoke a word. Yiren started to be be violent and held Yuri's arms with her nails digging Yuri's skin. "Tell me!"

As much as Sihyun wanted to stop her, she couldn't. Yiren might let her anger out on her.

Yiren then used her right arm to hold Yuri's hair tightly.

"Once I find you getting on my way, it'll be the end of you." Yiren threatened and held Yuri more tighter.

"Wang Yiren." A husky voice caught their attention. Yiren turned around and saw her ex, Yena standing there, staring at her.

Yena grabbed Yiren's wrist and yanked it away from Yuri. She went in between them and glared at Yiren.

"If you still like me, just tell me. As if you're not used to rejections, right?" Yiren hissed after hearing what Yena said. But what can she do though, Yena was right. "Don't do this again to Yuri."

Yena grabbed Yuri's hand and was about to walk out when Yiren stopped her.

"Why are you doing this to her?!" Yiren yelled. Yena smirked at her.

"Because I'm the only one who can hurt her."

---

Yuri started to think of what could have happened this week. Studies, bullies, Yiren threatening her and Yena saving her. That was the fist time she was saved by someone except her friends.

A few days have passed and Yuri still can't avoid the fact that Yena saved her. Yena? Her bully. What a joke.

'That girl, she shouldn't have saved me.' Yuri thought. She knows Yiren would probably be furious to see Yena saving her.

Yuri just shrugged it off and continued walking home.

Once she got inside the house, she saw her father sitting on the floor with an envelope on his hand.

"Dad?" Yuri asked to get his attention. It was obvious that he wiped his face first before facing Yuri.

"Oh hey, Yul. You're home." He smiled and dropped the small envelope, then stood up. "I'll get you some snacks, go get changed."

"Dad, were you crying?" Yuri asked.

"No, sweetheart." Her dad smiled. Yuri sighed. She knows her father too well.

"Cmon, dad. You're too obvious. Did something happened?" Yuri dropped her bag on the floor and picked up the envelope. "Your paycheck is early?"

She did not received any respond. "Dad? You know I'm here. Tell me."

Her dad went in front of her and cupped her cheeks. "You're so precious, Yuri. This was not the life I wanted for you." Then he shed a tear.

"Dad..." Yuri wiped his tear and hugged him tight.

"That was my last pay, Yul. No more work. They shut down the store."

"What? Who?" Yuri asked, letting go of his father.

"I don't know, Yul. It happened so quickly. Now I don't have anything left to support you." She smiled at her dad.

"Don't worry dad. I still have the cafe. We'll get through this." Yuri reassured him.

Ever since her mom left them, they've been on so many debts she left. Her mom used to go to clubs back then, and she got pregnant by one of the young boys she hooked up with. She left them saying she now has to be with that boy and live a wealthy life. Yuri often saw her mom walking around the small village in Busan, where she came from.

Yuri went inside her room after consoling her dad. She picked up the box under her bed. It contains all her savings and some pictures of her and her parents. She promised herself that she would find her mom, but when she found out the real reason why she left, nevermind.

'I should find another part-time job again.' Yuri thought. Her phone rang, Minju's calling her.

"Hey, Min."

A/N
I did not edited this so there may be some errors.
Sorry for not updating. I'm getting less motivated these days, maybe because of studies.
-1117 words-
🌟💬