Chapter Twenty-One: Washed Up Trouble

As I waltz with Captain Wolfe, I notice a cluster of women fanning themselves rapidly while whispering amongst each other. Their eyes are focused on Captain Wolfe and I.

I stand on my tippy toes and whisper to Captain Wolfe, "It seems as if those women would like to dance with the long lost bachelor."

This causes Captain Wolfe to laugh quietly. "The only woman I wish to dance with is you." I smile up at him as he beams a smile back down at me.

"What if your Brother sees?" I ask, stopping him from kissing me. "Your plan will be ruined."

To be honest, the only thing I wanted more than to get out of the throne room, was to kiss Captain Wolfe.

"He won't-" Captain Wolfe starts, but I cut him off. "He may not see us, but we can not risk the possibility." I say, staring into his eyes.

"Indeed, you are correct." Captain Wolfe says, twirling me around once more.

"Aren't I usually?" I ask in a devilish tone.

"Don't press your luck." Captain Wolfe smirks.

As waltz ends, Captain Wolfe and I make our way towards one of the corners of the throne room. My feet ache from between the walking and dancing.

"I can't feel my toes." I say leaning against the wall.

"Pity, I'm all ready for waltz number two." Captain Wolfe answer with a smirk.

I shoot a look to him, but then smile. "You can go dance with any other woman you wish." I jest at him.

"You really think I would want to go dance with a stuck up broad over you?" He asks, tilting my head with his finger to look into his eyes. "Nonsense."

"One never knows with you, Captain." I answer with a smirk.

"I'm afraid I cannot argue with that." He responds.

I take his hand then, and pull him back into the crowd. The waltz starts after everyone has bowed to their partner. The grand chandler above us provides most of the light in the throne room. As I stare at each crystal, I become lost in thought.

That is, until the sound of a gunshot, breaks my thoughts.

The chandler that once looked so beautiful, is now seconds from crushing everyone below it. Screams can be heard from each and every direction. Captain Wolfe quickly wraps his arm around my waist and runs, diving to the ground, taking me with him. The sound of the chandler smashing to the ground could make any heart stop. Bits and pieces of crystal fragments land everywhere. My breathing becomes rapid as Captain Wolfe looks into my eyes from beside me.

He presses a finger to his lips as to tell me to keep quiet. Pieces of crystal can be seen in his hair, as I guess they are in mine. My body begins to shake as the sound of footsteps can be heard entering further into the throne room.

"A party?! And no one invited me!?" A voice says that chills my very veins and bones. The voice that can only be produced by one man.

Captain Marco.