Chapter Twenty-Seven: Deals And Plans

My heart races as I open one of the giant Palace doors. I shake as I hold my dress up walking carefully up the stairs.

The Library door is still closed, and hopefully Prince Adam is still on the other side. I wipe the rain off my face, and knock on the door gingerly. The door opens to reveal the figure of Prince Adam.

"What do you want?" He asks sharply.

"I've reconsidered the answer I gave you earlier." I respond, not daring to look Prince Adam in the eyes.

"Why are you all wet?" He asks.

"It's raining outside. I went out to think things over." I answer.

His facial expression turned from annoyance to confusion in a matter of seconds. "You are accepting my proposal then?" He asks quietly.

"If the deal is still on the table." I respond. "But I also have a few other suggestions."

He stands aside from the door way to let me inside the Library. I proceed inside, but keep an eye on Prince Adam as I do.

"I will agree to marry you if you agree to free Prince Eric at dawn, let him walk freely with no harm, and make our wedding public." I say.

"Why do you wish the wedding to be public?" He asks with suspicion in his tone.

"If I'm going to get married against my will, shouldn't it be to my pleasure?"

He rubs his fingers on his chin. "The deal is now in action. We will be married tomorrow afternoon."

I stand there completely frozen. "We shall." I whisper.

Walking back over to the door, I turn the knob. Looking back at Prince Adam who stares back at me, I finally pull the door open and leave the Library.

Walking down the hallway, my thoughts swirl in my brain. A man walks past me, which makes my mind swirl even more.

I know his face. I know that man.

The man doesn't seem to express any sort of knowledge to me as he passes by. Stopping in my tracks, I turn around and watch his figure recede. But to my surprise, he stops as well, and looks back at me.

"Who are you?" I ask, walking up to the gentleman.

The man laughs in his throat, and with that tiny clue, I realize the identity of the man.

"Mr. Jo?" I ask quietly.

"Aye, Miss Kate. Please do not get my cover blown for me. Captain Wolfe would not be too happy." He says with a gentle smile.

"What are you wearing?" I ask, looking at the baby blue colored butler suit and white wig. I also notice his beard is shaven.

"Thought I should try and play the part of a butler. Pretty convincible, isn't it?" He asks.

"I couldn't tell it was you." I answer with a smile. "How long have you been here?" I ask, relieved to see a friendly face.

"Ever since we docked. I've just been very good keeping myself from your view." He responds.

"What's going to happen?" I ask quietly.

"Do not worry, the plan is already in motion." Mr. Jo answers with a wink.

I nod and smile weakly at him. "I suppose you should be going." I whisper.

"I'm afraid so. Don't fret, Miss Kate. Everything is going to be all right, I can promise ya that much." He says, and with that, walks away like he'd never seen me before in my life.

I reach my room, and strip out of the soaking gown. Placing the nightgown on, I crawl under the covers, dreading yet dreaming of what tomorrow will hold for me.