Epilogue

I stand in the wedding dress leaning against the railing of the ship, watching London begin to vanish from my view as we travel down the river. Captain Wolfe stands next to me, taking a drink out of a small flask.

"What did he mean?" I ask quietly. "That you took everything he loved away from him?"

Captain Wolfe sighs. "Since I was the eldest brother, my Father arranged a marriage for me to a woman named Elizabeth Appleton. We were to be married, but I could tell she did not love me. I'm not saying I loved her, for I didn't, it was an arranged marriage. She acted differently whenever my brother was in her presence though. I realized they were fond of each other and I refused to carry out with the marriage so they could be married. Father then forbid Elizabeth from ever talking or seeing either myself or my Brother again. Adam was indeed very angry with me, blamed it on me that he could never speak or see her again, even when I told him my reason for refusing the marriage. He thought I was jealous and lying. Mother soon left after, saying she couldn't take living a life without freedom anymore. Adam to this day blames me for that as well. If you could not tell, Adam also blames me for the death of my Father. But, now that Father is dead, I figured Elizabeth and him could be happy. So, I found her, and brought her to the Palace, knowing he wouldn't marry you if he could marry Elizabeth."

My mind processes everything that was just told to me. "Do you know where your Mother is?" I ask.

"Indeed I do. She fled to the seas just as I did when I heard my Father was going to set up a second marriage for me. Her title is much higher than mine though. She's the Sea Queen, as many sailors and pirates call her. Feared beyond belief by any sailor or pirate that comes into contact with her." He laughs. "And you're going to get to meet her."

My eyes stare into his with shock. "I'm going to meet your Mother?"

He nods. "That's our next destination, we're sailing to a place called Virginia."

"You know that Captain Marco's men will want revenge for his killing, don't you? Shouldn't we be worried?" I quietly ask.

"In due time, love. I don't think we'll have to deal with that problem for a while." He answers.

"Why not?" I ask.

"I'm sure his wife won't hear about this for a while. Captain Marco was not supposed to return to his ship anytime soon." Captain Wolfe says.

I nod slightly, but look out at the raging sea.

"Why do you want me to meet your Mother?" I ask.

"Help us with the wedding plans of course." Answers Captain Wolfe, walking to the other side of me.

"Wedding plans?" I ask even more confused.

His face looks over at mine with a smirk. "Kate Wolfe, I think it has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"

My face lights up with excitement as I fling my arms around Captain Wolfe's neck. The sensation of realizing I'm going to be marrying someone I truly fell in love with, makes my heart flutter. I laugh as Captain Wolfe picks me off the ground into a hug. Staring into his eyes with the most love I can produce I then finally kiss him with the most passion I can.

"You know what I just realized?" I ask, my arms still around Captain Wolfe's neck.

"What?" He asks with a smile.

"We went all the way to England in pursuit of treasure, and leave with nothing." I say.

Captain Wolfe laughs in his throat. "That isn't true."

"Oh? How so?" I ask with a smirk.

"I got the only treasure I needed, you."

-End of Book One-