Chapter Thirty: Escape From The Promise

"Adam, think about what you are about to do." Captain Wolfe warns .

I notice the rest of Captain Wolfe's crew make their way towards the alter, Mr. Jo leading.

"I don't have to think. I've already thought, and this is my final conclusion." Prince Adam sneers as I feel the cold blade of the cutlass be pressed slightly more into my neck.

"But I believe, I have something that will change your mind." Captain Wolfe answers.

"Nothing can change my mind!" Screams Prince Adam. "Nothing! You've taken everything I loved away from me! It's about time I return the favor!"

I shut my eyes quickly, preparing for the slitting of my throat. I shake in Prince Adam's grasp, but the death I am awaiting, never comes. Only the sound of a door creaking open can be heard.

"Elizabeth?" Prince Adam whispers.

"Adam!" The voice of a girl can be heard from the back of the Church.

I'm quickly released from Prince Adam's grasp, but fall to the ground of the alter, gasping for breath. Captain Wolfe kneels at my side, picking me up into his arms.

"What's happening?" I ask quietly, as we pass the embracing Prince Adam and Elizabeth.

"Our escape." He whispers back, opening one of the large doors in the back of the Church.

He quickly walks down the steps of the Church, as do the rest of the crew. The sun warms my face as the wind blows through my hair. I look to my side to see a beautiful white horse tied to a post. Still holding me in his arms, Captain Wolfe climbs on the horse. Mr. Jo unties the rope, and the horse speeds off.

"Where are we going now?" I ask loudly.

"Back to the ship! I think it's time we've left England once and for all!" He responds with a smile.

"I think so too." I answer.

The horse speeds down the alleys and streets of London. Many people jump out of the way, but some also stare in awe from the sides. Once we finally reach the dock, Captain Wolfe and I board the ship quickly. The crew arrives not too much later in carriages, they board the ship as well. Before I know it, the ship has already set sail, and we are journeying onto our next adventure.