XLVI

I ran through the streets of Validus Fulgur as Ella, the Bleeder

I ran through the streets of Validus Fulgur as Ella, the Bleeder. My hair was matted down as rain drenched me. The cold seeped into my bones just like last time, but I didn't care anymore. I needed to find the Bleeders.

A part of me hoped they were still around the kingdom. But as I continued to run street after street, I couldn't find them anywhere. The negative side of me whispered constantly that they had skipped Validus Fulgur and were in a completely different kingdom now, and they had forgotten all about me.

My chest ached as I stopped by a corner. My breaths came out in large puffs. Rain poured over me, getting inside my eyes, nose, and mouth. A minute later, tears mixed with the rain, making it impossible to see that I was crying.

I crumpled to the ground, shaking and sobbing. I needed to get home, but I had to find the gang first. But I didn't think they were there anymore.

I was forgotten.

"Ella?"

Hiccuping, I gazed up at Orion's tall physique. He stared down at me in disbelief. When I realized his figure remained intact after I tried to will my imagination to stop playing tricks, I stood up and grabbed his arm.

"You're real," I whispered. "Orion, we need to go home."

"Home?" His amber eyes narrowed.

"Potentia Flamber," I breathed out. He stepped away from me, but I kept a tight grip on him.

He shook his head. "Ella, Potentia Flamber is no longer my home. They destroyed my life. They destroyed my chances of having a mother..."

"Whatever they did doesn't matter right now," I cried out. I was so desperate. I needed to get out of Validus Fulgur. My people were under attack and here I was confronting Orion. "People are dying."

"He killed my father, Ella!" He exclaimed. "King Everit killed my father for having me with Queen Selene."

I stopped. His eyes were glassy, and I knew it didn't have to do with the pouring rain.

"I...I can't deal with this right now." My hands started shaking, and I turned to run away. Maybe it was best I left on my own. Forget the gang. They were trouble anyway.

I had a kingdom to take care of.

"Ella!" He called out. I didn't bother to stop for him. I needed to find a way to get home, and if the Bleeders weren't going to help me, then to inferos with them. "Guys, she's over here!"

I tried to outrun them, but I was toppled over by Herc. He pinned my arms to the sidewalk and stopped my thrashing legs with his own.

"Let me go," I cried. Herc shook his head and leaned his forehead against mine. His breathing mixed with my own, and I forgot how to breathe for a second.

"She wants to go to Potentia Flamber," Orion announced.

"Herc," I sobbed. "I need to go to Potentia Flamber. Please, Herc, I have to be there right now." He sat up in surprise, letting go of my arms. I stayed in the same position as tears continued to roll down my cheeks and chin. I don't think they could see the tears due to the rain, but they kept coming out my eyes like a huge waterfall; never ending.