LXI

"Why, Queen Antonella, my sincere apologies for the utter destruction of your entire military

"Why, Queen Antonella, my sincere apologies for the utter destruction of your entire military. I can't say I didn't warn you, foolish child."

King Rasmus' figure illuminated the entrance. The hologram flickered every so often as Philip held the brume in place. His forehead creased seeing the king rub all of our losses in our faces.

People came out from different directions, curious about all the commotion. I cursed internally wanting them all to take cover, so they wouldn't witness what was about to happen. I wished it would all be a horror story that reached their ears and not their eyes.

A smile spread over King Rasmus' features. Everything in me wanted to smack it off his face, but I knew I couldn't have those terrible intentions. The human side of me would've liked to see him suffer by my own hand, but that was coming down to his own level. Gracious would never condone that type of behavior. It was better to turn the other cheek and let time do its bidding.

"King Rasmus, how childish of you to gloat," I said. My people murmured amongst themselves. He looked around witnessing the displeasure among my people. He loathed being thought of less than he portrayed himself. His image was a sensitive spot for him.

"You Feulunes and your obsession with putting everyone under you. You all think you are better than everyone." He shook his head, and frowned to the side.

My breath hitched when Prince Mahli came into view quite hastily. His blond hair was combed back revealing his forehead. His eyes flashed when they landed on my face. I was the one that intended to kill him. I was the one that wasn't afraid to burn him with my magic.

"Potentia Flamber deserves a better ruler," he snarled.

King Rasmus, who was initially shocked, guffawed beside him. I narrowed my eyes. I tried to purge all of the dark thoughts circling my mind. This wasn't the ideal time to fall back into the same destructive pattern.

"I suppose you mean they deserve you. In which case I would kindly refute that statement seeing as you single-handedly murdered two of our servants and aided in the attacks that killed thousands. I'm sure my people know better than to have someone like you on my throne."

I heard snickers of laughter rising from the crowd. I couldn't stop my own smile either. Prince Mahli's cheeks turned a dark crimson as a deep frown settled on his features. King Rasmus pushed him back before he could react horribly.

I raised a brow, waiting for another verbal jab. Instead he smirked my way, smoothed down his embellished suit, and snapped his fingers. The brume call extended into a wide hologram projection. Prince Linus stood beside Prince Mahli, scowling. He looked as stupid as I remembered. What shocked me the most was seeing King Oskar and King Davian standing beside them, in person.

"Well, would you look at that?" I said, throwing my hands up, hoping to buy ourselves some time. "The kings are having a slumber party."

Flambers laughed at my comment. It was my turn to smirk. I counted the past minutes of the call, hoping that due to the interrupting nature of my comments, none of the kings had ordered any attack just yet.