LVIII

"In the beginning, there was darkness

"In the beginning, there was darkness."

My mind spiraled as I heard the tale of creation over and over again. Everything around me was dark, and then a speck of light started glowing about a couple of feet away.

"And then there was light."

I stared at the speck in admiration. Then everything exploded all at once. The sky, the sea, the trees, the animals, and just about everything the Universe was created of.

"Gracious," I whispered.

"Yes, dear, you finally see it."

Tears welled up in my eyes. At this point, I was convinced something was wrong with my emotions at how much I had been crying for the past few weeks. But I couldn't help thinking I was already dead, and my attempt at finding the answers were futile.

"No, you are not dead. You asked for my guidance. Therefore, I shall let you see the true light."

I blinked back the tears, staring around, waiting to find any figure that represented Gracious. However, nothing was out there other than the normal living things. All I could do was hear Him.

"What is the true light?" I asked, staring at the rustling leaves of a tree.

"The reason behind the Inlustris and the truth about the origin of your land: Caeleste."

My heart quickened at the thought of uncovering the truth about everything. If Gaia was right about magic, then I really had found how I can defeat the other kingdoms. I could bring peace and end the war.

I could be the queen Theodora always wanted me to be.

"Have you ever stopped to wonder why there was an Inlustris to begin with?"

I started trembling as the meaning of his words overcame me. No one really questioned why the Inlustris was there or why it was important. We just knew that it was a gift presented by Gracious to protect us. It punished those that went with their feelings of greed, murder, and everything related to the darkness. The Inlustris only wanted light. That was why Philip never wanted me to use my dark magic nor ever get close to the Inlustris for fear that I would be burned, like my parents.

However, the real purpose of the Inlustris never came to mind.

"I appreciate how you all accepted and used my gift. Although, I would have preferred no one be burned. I only want the best for everyone, but everyone chooses their path. You must choose to want to come to me."

The wind rustled about.

"I have much to teach you, dear. There's much for you to understand."

I stood up, and this time the pain I had didn't affect me. In fact, the pain was gone. I didn't question it, and started moving forward.

The birds chirped as I walked through an opening of trees. The vermiculo here shone down on me, warming me up from head to toe. I smiled as I made my way to a valley. I couldn't resist lying on the soft grass and bathing in all of the beautiful nature.