16: The Party

The venue was quickly filling up with people, Jinora was anxiously glancing at the people who were pouring in. She was looking for Hiko who had promised to be there. Finally, she recognized a familiar figure walking beside a group of people, visibly looking uncomfortable. He was wearing a black suit with a white undershirt. Jinora couldn't help but stare at him, she was so used to seeing him in his usual ragged clothes. His hair looked like it had been attempted to fix but had been given up on half way. Hiko met Jinora's eyes and gave her a small smile before walking up to her.

"You made it!" Jinora ran up to Hiko and hugged him. Hiko who had not expected such a greeting blushed madly, Korra and Asami were giggling at the sight.

"Jinora really likes that Hiko kid." Asami whispered to Korra to which she laughed at.

"I promised." Hiko smiled at Jinora as they seperated.

"You look fancy and you fixed your hair!" Jinora was scanning Hiko bottom to top.

"I at least tried. So what exactly do you do in parties?" Jinora simply smiled at him and lead them to the dance floor. A ton of people were slow dancing to a gu zheng (chinese string instrument) performer. Jinora took his hand and placed it to her side and put her hand on his shoulder. Their opposite hands interlocked and they started swaying slowly to the song.

"So this is what you do in parties. I guess it's not that bad." Jinora gave a giggle and continued swaying to the song. "What's been going on in Air Temple island? Did I miss anything?"

"Oh! There are new airbenders now, we're guessing it might be from the Harmonic Convergence. Dad's really happy."

"That's great." Hiko said with a small smile.

The song ended with a somber note. The two seperated and awkwardly looked at each other. "Do you want drinks?" Hiko shrugged at Jinora. "Yeah sure." They made their way to a table filled with delicious food. Hiko grabbed a cup of juice before sitting down on a couch followed by Jinora. "Dad wants us to find more Airbenders, reports are coming in from different countries that they have Airbenders. You should come with us that way you can still train Korra." Jinora took a sip of her cup still looking at Hiko.

"I guess that would be fine, but I still have stuff I should do here in Republic City." Hiko was referring to Jianjun. He had thought of just accepting him for convenience but everytime he did, he thought of the times where he wasn't there for him.

"What stuff?" Jinora asked suspiciously.

"It's not that important for you too know." Hiko looked away. After a few seconds of silence, Jinora stood up.

"I'm gonna find Dad." Jinora said with a sour tone walked away without another glance at Hiko.

"Wai-" A loud explosion had set off just behind Hiko. The explosion sent Hiko forward with force, laying him flat on the floor. He struggled to get up but when he finally did, he saw a giant hole in the wall where people were pouring in, but not like the people who had come to the party, smiling and with glee. These people looked angry and walked with purpose. Two of them had President Raiko and were dragging him out of the venue. Korra and Mako ran to the terrorists and started attacking them, but they were starting to get overwhelmed. He had to help. He got up on his feet and shot lightning at the first terrorist he saw, the man went flying and this triggered the other terrorists to start advancing toward Hiko. He got into his stance, ready to fight.

A/N: Hello!!!!!! I have so many chapters ready, I just hope you guys will enjoy 'em. Thanks for the views :*