45: Weird Familiar Feeling

Katsumi followed Hiko, tracing the path of energy with her arms.

"That will be the path the Lightning will take when redirecting it."

"Ok, I get it. Can you shoot some at me? I want to try." Katsumi got into stance right in front of Hiko, who shook his head.

"No way Katsumi." she immediately let her hands down and pouted.

"Fine, what's next?" Katsumi got closer to Hiko which made him feel weird as he felt Katsumi's breathing in the crook of his neck. He shuddered, Katsumi noticing. "How are you cold? I'm sweating like a winged boar."

"No, not cold. Anyway, the next one's pretty easy." They got into stance, Hiko observing her closely. Her stance was almost identical to his.

"Are we gonna continue tomorrow?" Katsumi asked eagerly while Hiko placed his ceramic pot back inside the bag.

"Of course."

"I'll meet you in your house again."

"Just make sure to not come in while Jianjun's still there."

"Why? Doesn't he know we're training?" Katsumi asked.

"Nope, I don't want to tell him." He sealed his bag and flung it over his shoulder.

"Alright then." They made their way up the rope, Katsumi still gripping tightly on to Hiko.

After the trek they found themselves at the edge of the forest, which overlooked the village. The sunlight shone on the Raven Eagle insignia on top of the Village gate. When they entered, Hiko caught a whiff of fresh takoyaki and did not hesitate to buy some for the both of them.

"I don't want to go back down." Hiko stared at the sunset beside him Katsumi, who was munching on a Takoyaki.

"We'll go down once we finish this." She took another Takoyaki ball and waved it in front of Hiko's face before stuffing it down her mouth.

"No, I don't want to go back ever." Hiko muttered, Katsumi staring at him.

"Why?" She asked.

"I won't get any moments like this when I'm down there."

Katsumi, not knowing what to do placed her hand on Hiko's shoulder. Hiko accepted the gesture and smiled at her.

"I never thought I'd actually enjoy being taught by you. You're a great teacher." Katsumi admitted, making Hiko smile again. They were back in the underground village to Hiko's dissatisfaction.

"Thanks but, you gotta give yourself some credit. You're a natural."

"I wouldn't be if my teacher wasn't so great." Katsumi teased, Hiko catching on to what she was doing.

"A great teacher is useless without a great student." Hiko got closer to Katsumi with his arms crossed.

"It's the same way around." Katsumi looked into Hiko's eyes.

"Nope."

"Yes."

"No.

"Yep."

They fell silent, both of them taking in each other's eyes. Katsumi's was a rich orange color, resembling that of amber. Hiko stared at it, getting lost in it's vibrant color. Katsumi started leaning in, her eyes closing slowly.

"I have to go." Hiko said blankly before walking briskly to his house.

Hiko barged into the house and leaned on the door. He was breathing fast, knowing what he had just done.