40: Returned

"What's taking so long?" Hiko was sitting beside Yuri with his arms crossed. They had been told to wait for 5 minutes by the man in front of them, but so far they had been waiting for way longer. "Hey! What's taking so long!" Hikodemanded from the Clan Head's secretary. The man looked up from his pile of paperwork with a disgruntled face.

"I don't know! Please be patient." The man said in a shaky voice, before returning to his paperwork, leaving Hiko unsatisfied.

"I wonder who Iatsu's talking too." Yuri said while she stared up at the ceiling.

"He'd better wrap it up with whoever that is because I'm getting hungry and I miss Jianjun." Hiko pouted.

"Wait, Jianjun? Are you guys related?"

"Yeah, he's my half-brother. Why?"

Yuri sat up straight and looked at Hiko.

"I teach him at the dojo."

Hiko's eyes widened and he broke into a smirk.

"That explains something." Finally, the door opened Iatsu stepping out.

"Ah, Hiko, Yuri. Sorry to keep you waiting, please come in." Iatsu walked back to the room, followed by the two. They walked into the room, noticing a man was sitting down on the chair in front of Iatsu's desk. "This is Captain Kaito, the clan's Head of Police." The man sitting stood up and walked over to Hiko, adjusting his round glasses as he did so. He was a big man but his face was very kind and welcoming. He also seemed to give off vulnerability just from his pose, not something you'd want in a Police Captain.

"Hiko! What an honor, Yuan's son. I was very distressed when I found out you and your partner went missing. I sent out as much search parties as I can! The police station was practically empty after I had assigned them! Even Iatsu was furious at Junko for letting you kids get captured!" Iatsu then raised his hand, silencing Kaito.

"That's enough Captain Kaito. You are dismissed." Kaito looked dissatisfied but smiled at Hiko and Yuri as he walked out of the room before bowing to Iatsu.

"Sit down please." Iatsu walked back to his desk and gestured for the two of them to sit down. "I'm glad you kids are safe. I want a full report on what happened." Iatsu clasped his hands together on his desk. The two looked at each other, trying to will the other to speak. Hiko sighed and looked away.

"We got captured when we were patrolling the North East section. Two Earthbenders bound us and knocked us out using poison." Hiko now looked at Yuri, trying to tell her it was her turn. Yuri realizing this muttered 'ah'.

"Hiko, was able to escape the Earth bounding his hands and was able to escape the cage he was trapped in. He then, got out and knocked out both of the men and freed me." Iatsu nodded slowly, his eyes closed.

"Thank you. Where are the men?"

"They're with Junko, sir." Yuri replied.

"Good. Thank you, both of you. You may go." Iatsu gestured at the door. Yuri stood up but Hiko stayed.

"Did anyone else get captured?" Hiko asked Iatsu.

"No, only you two were the ones captured."

"But why?"

"I suppose we can interrogate the two men once they recover. Junko will deal with that. Do you have any more questions, Hiko?"

"How was the dinner party?" Hiko asked awkwardly.

"I postponed it. If you'd like, I may move it later tonight." Iatsu smiled slightly.

"HIKO!" Jianjun shouted loudly as he ran to his smaller brother and hugged him, taking his feet off the ground.

"Can't breathe." Hiko muttered.

Jianjun let go and looked at him with wide eyes.

"What happened?! Did they hurt you?!" Jianjun blurted out.

"I'm fine. I got captured by a couple of Red Lotus soldiers but, Yuri and I were able to escape." Hiko looked at Jianjun with his eyebrows raised, smirking.

"Yuri?!" Jianjun shrieked.

"Yeah, so she was your teacher huh? She seems nice Jian." Hiko walked to the kitchen, ready to brew a pot of tea.

"Yes but that's not what matters right now! You were kidnapped!"

"It doesn't matter since we were able to escape." Hiko began boiling some water.

"It does Hiko! What if you weren't able to escape?!" Jianjun shuffled to the kitchen, now beside Hiko.

"But I did, right?"

"Yes but..." Jianjun stopped, his words became shaky. "What if you didn't?"

Hiko sighed and looked back at Jianjun.

"What are you going on about Jianjun? I survived! I'm fine! Isn't that a reason to celebrate instead of a reason to bawl over needlesly. Speaking of celebrating, we have a dinner party to attend to." Hiko walked off leaving Jianjun in the kitchen.

"Oh! And finish up that tea! I have to go sleep in a bed!" Hiko shouted from the Living Room.