17: Betrayal

The terrorists surrounded Raiko, facing Korra, Mako, Hiko and Bolin who had just gotten up. The one holding Raiko had a knife pointed at the President's throat.

"If you attack or come any closer your President dies!" The terrorist shouted. Korra bit her lips trying to think what to to do.

"Guys, I got this." Hiko whispered to the others three.

"You wouldn't want to hurt the President. Besides I know your little organization, The Red Lotus. And I know that the Avatar would be far more important than President Raiko." Korra snapped his head to the teenager who's eyes were still unmoving. Soon, a bigger man walked to the front of the small army to face Hiko.

"How do you know?" The man who was atleast twice Hiko's size said in a grumbling voice.

"I just know. Now, hand over the President and I'll give you the Avatar." Korra's eye was now twitching at what she was hearing. Was Hiko betraying her?

"Prove it." The man grumbled. Hiko huffed and turned quickly to Korra and struck her down with a Lightning Bolt. Mako attacked Hiko with a fire jab but was dodged and soon countered by a bolt right into his chest. Bolin threw a small boulder at Hiko which Hiko wasn't able to dodge. The clump of rock hit Hiko flush on the face, but did not stumble him. He threw another bolt at Bolin who fell down the floor with a thump. The man who led the terrorists smiled.

"There, the Avatar." Hiko gestured at Korra who was unconscious. Hiko eyed the other terrorists who were now letting their guard down. The man who held Raiko removed the knife pointing at his throat. There we go. Hiko made a complicated circling motion with his arms and outstretched them pointing at the huge man in front of him. The Lightning bolt that hit the man did not stop there. The Lightning soon travelled to each and every single one of the terrorists, bouncing from one metal plate to the other. Every single one of them fell to the floor. Raiko, who immediately ran away after the terrorist let go of him was now safely with the police who had just arrived. Lin Beifong approached the scene looking from Hiko to the terrorists to Korra and the others. "What happened?" Lin deadpanned.

Korra woke up in the hospital feeling exhausted. She remembered every single detail with what happened last night. She had just gotten hit by Hiko's Lightning directly but she seemed unaffected. Sure, she felt a little dizzy but she expected more damage from a direct hit from Lightning. She sat up with little to no difficulty. To her right was Bolin who was asleep. To her left was Mako who was awake and staring at the ceiling.

"I knew there was something wrong about that kid." Mako muttered.

Lin entered with her hands behind her back looking sour but her expression changed immediately as she saw Korra awake.

"Finally, your awake." Lin stood beside Korra's bed.

"What happened? Did they get Raiko?" Korra had so many questions but chose not to unleash all of them, especially to Lin Beifong.

"No, I'll tell you everything that happened later. Right now you must recover."

"But I'm alright! Look!" Korra stood up perfectly right in front of Lin. The police officer simply giggled and shook her head.

"Fine then, come with me, you too Mako, Bolin." Bolin, who had been awake the whole time, peeked one eye open before sitting up. Lin looked at Mako who still had a grumpy expression on his face.

They walked to the police station where Tenzin and Jinora were. The two sat on a couch in the lobby, Jinora looked fussed but otherwise unharmed. Tenzin had one of his arms in a cast because of the blast which he was close to at the time. Lin approached Tenzin and helped him get up followed by Jinora. As soon as Korra came into view Jinora ran up to her and hugged her, sobbing lightly.

"Come to my office." Lin lead them to the hallway and eventually to her office. Tenzin sat down beside Jinora while Korra, Mako, and Bolin remained standing. Lin walked to her desk and sat down, fiddling with a few papers on her desk and fixing them before setting them down.

"Last night, was a high-risk situation. The police surveilling the area were knocked out before they could even respond to the sudden 'intrusion'." The people in the room looked at Lin with wide eyes. "They were members of the Red Lotus, a militant anarchist group, hellbent on bringing chaos. They planned to capture Raiko and the Avatar, and kill them. Fortunately, you befriended that kid who saved you guys. After knocking you three out, he knocked out the whole group saving President Raiko." Korra had her mouth agape similar to the others. It relieved her that Hiko had in fact not betrayed them. She had admittedly, grown fond of the kid who had been teaching her Lightningbending.

"Where is he?" Jinora said suddenly standing up.

"He went home, he said he needed to rest. I offered to take him to the hospital but he refused." Lin looked at Jinora with comfroting eyes.