Who Am I?

Who am I? My name is Delilah O'dair and I recently moved to LA for University

After the first week of shifting, I was completely exhausted. From Goodbyes with my parents, to sleepless study nights, to endless nightmares. I came here for my third year. Because I just needed out. I needed to find myself.

All my life, I've worked hard, and non stop. I've dreamed of great adventures and thrills that would make me feel alive. But I've never truly felt alive. I am alive of course. But it's like I have to pinch myself to feel it. My friends are nice though. Two of my ride or die's. Willow and Irene.

I met them in my dorm, the first day here. We were roommates, and they were so full of life and happiness and hope. They helped me out of my own scattered head.

We laughed and laughed and watched cute guys on the way to class. We talked and talked about our lives and ate all the sugar candy in the world. They made me happy. They made me hopeful.

But sometimes, I still felt hollow inside.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

It was a Sunday Morning. The first Sunday after commencement of summer break. The first day off, the first sigh of relief and utter pleasure.

Willi and Rene, like me had decided to stay back this summer and not go home. I loved my parents, more than anything in the world. But some distance was needed, for all of us.

They needed to live without me and travel and I needed to grow and experience life firsthand. My mom called two days ago, baffled with the tickets I sent her. My first earning from working at the bookstore. I'd sent her and dad tickets to Paris and Monte Carlo. They always wanted to go there. They always wanted to travel.

But before me, they didn't have money and after me they didn't have time. Now that they have both. I want them to finally travel. She was ecstatic and guilty. I explained to her how much I wanted to stay here. And told her that she should let go a little. To not worry about me.

I got a message today, a picture of both of them looking red and happy in front of yellow gold skies, twinkling lights and the Eiffel tower not far from sight. I smiled.

The girls had decided to crash a club tonight, Willi had a history of pathetic boyfriends. The worst of the lot. Dean, the latest douche was known for his intolerance to alcohol and yet you'd always find him humped by the bar with lurking looks.

He had wronged Willow in so many ways. And she'd had enough. Rene and I were more than happy to back her up. So we decided to crash 'The Twilight Exit' the hottest most high-end club in all of L.A
Don't ask how we're crashing it we just are.

Later that day just hours before we were getting ready to leave for 'The Twilight Exit', Irene came bursting into the room,
"You guys! Look I got us these freaking cocktail dresses!" She said finally breathing.

"Holy shit, these look gorgeous! How'd you manage it? Wait till that dick Dean sees me in this blue one he'll die right on spot," Willow said reaching out for one of the dresses.

It was a blue sequin embellished, floor lenth dress. It looked beautiful. I hugged Irene and took the other two from her and laid them on one of the beds. The other two were just as exquisite and ravishing as the first.

One was a poppy red bell dress, with a fairy skirt. It was all flowing and dreamy. It had black and dark brown designs on the sleeves. And the last was a pretty lilac. It was a fitted dress which I assumed would reach a little below my knees. It had a small slit in the side and had pretty white flower patterns near the edges.

"No really how did you get these?" I asked with big eyes.

Irene laughed and bowed.

"First tell me I'm awesome and you know it." she said with a cocky smile.

Willow and I bowed with smirks on.
"You're awesome babe," Willow said gleefully.

"So you guys know I work for this sweet old lady right? As a part time care taker. Well we became good friends and I started telling her about everything going on with us! And today before leaving she gave me these! Then, winked at me and-" before she could finish, Sam shoved the door open and scrambled in.

"Hello? Manners Sammie, what if we were changing or something!" Scolded Willow.

"Then I would be one lucky guy," smirked Sam looking directly at rene.

He was in love with Irene. She was sweet enough with him, but she never said yes. He stuck around anyways like a little puppy. He was driving us to the bar today.

"Shut up Sam, I hadn't finished! Why did you come up so quick! We still have an hour to leave." Screamed Rene.

Sam looked sad. "Sorry Rene, it's just maybe we should leave early, the guards are a little occupied right now."

"Maybe we should then, let's get dressed quick. Sam wait outside," I said.

"Okay Leila," said Sam looking morose.

"So Irene what did grandma runi say after all?" Asked Willow.

Irene lit up and cheekily grinned.

"She said to kick him in the nuts, where it'd hurt."

We all exploded into evil laughter.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Before leaving for the car, I hurried back to our dorm, to pick up some pepper spray and mint. Both always come handy. I stopped when I saw myself in the mirror. I looked so different. I had chosen the purple dress.

It fit me perfectly, hug in the right spots and was comfortable. It had no straps so I wore a cotten shawl. And my choco locks were up in a loose knot. But somehow looked elegant.

All thanks to Irene I thought. I hadn't put any makeup on cause honestly there was no time. But I wore my dolphin necklace. I always wore it. I looked happy.

I hoped I'd be as sure of myself as I looked, I thought while rushing to the car. Make peace with my past. And find the answer to my questions.

To, Who Am I?
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°