Fight Or Flight Baby

By the time we reached back to the penthouse it was about 10 pm

By the time we reached back to the penthouse it was about 10 pm. But everyone was exhausted. John went straight for a bath and Ghost went out to sit with G.

AJ and I stayed in the kitchen and talked to Lily and Jake. And told them what had happened. Jesse was listening too, occasionally cheering me on for what I did. Just before deciding to go change and clean up before dinner, G called my name.

"Delilah! Can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked.

He was standing in the middle of the hall and looked like a statue. All smooth,dark and tall. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants. AJ looked at me for a minute, then left my hand and went to his room. I walked to where G was.

"Sure G. What's up?" I said.

"I just wanted thankyou. You've done very good. I heard about your fight with the C4 chumps, and the fact that you single handedly figured out 3 escape routes. I know it must be hard. But I'm very grateful."

I smiled with relief.
"I thought you were kicking me out or something, I'm thankful too G. This is like family. I've really bonded with everyone. I'm very happy."

"I'd never throw you out, little Delilah. You can ask me for anything if you need me. Think of me as an older brother. I know I can never replace James. I wouldn't want to. But I'd like to be there for you."

I was smiling uncontrollably now.

"G that means more than the world. Thankyou." I said softly.

"Anyday. Also, you and AJ......I'm very happy for you. Both of you," he said smiling now. He had a great smile. One that made others smile with him.

"I'm very happy too." I said. He nodded and left for the pool, where Ghost and Jesse were. I slowly turned and went back down the hallway.

Lily had handed me the first aid box and some pain relief pills. I went straight to AJ's room and knocked.

"Lilah?" AJ asked.

"Yup, can I come in?" I said.
He opened the door and stood there looking at me. He had taken off his shirt and was only wearing black pants.

"Come in," he said.

I went in, with him right behind me and made him sit on the bed. He sighed but complied. He looked up at me while I dabbed his wounds with antiseptic. He'd gotten badly hurt on the forehead and had a cut on his back. Otherwise it was just bruises. When I was done he pulled me onto his lap and touched my hair, pulling it away from my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked again.

"I'm fine, I've taken a painkiller and I've thoroughly cleaned up the bite mark. And I mean thoroughly," I said with a small smile.

He chuckled.
"What did G have to say?" He asked.

"Oh nothing, just that he was happy with what I did. And to think of him as an older brother." I answered.