Up In The Sky

That night, everyone had pretty much crammed into rooms

That night, everyone had pretty much crammed into rooms. G and John were in the empty room, Jesse and Sam were in his room, Willow and Rene in mine, Lily and Jake in theirs and AJ and I in his. I didn't have much energy left in me, and after the whole high of the night had passed over, my head started hurting, badly. AJ was pretty exhausted as well, so we just went to sleep.

Before dozing off in his arms I started wondering about the heist, it was next up and the Russians had shamelessly butt in on everything else. But we couldn't afford anything going wrong in the heist. It was a do or die situation. And these people had become family, I couldn't see anyone going away.
Before my thoughts could escalate into anything else, a very dazed and drunk AJ hugged me tight and whispered, "Sleep Lilah. Tomorrow's a big day baby."

I nodded slightly and closed my eyes letting the exhaustion consume me.

I woke up to an empty bed and a hurricane of noise. Everyone must be up and ready already. I hurried and got ready before heading out towards the hall. Jesse and Willow were in the kitchen, cooking and flirting. Irene, Sam and Lily were out in the balcony by the pool. And John, G, AJ and Ghost were in the living room.

Ghost.

What the bloody hell was he doing here? After all that has happened, I could shoot the man right now!
AJ turned his back and saw my expression, he gestured for me to join the conversation. I hesitated at first. But went to sit next to him on the sofa anyways. He had a plate full of pancakes with maple syrup and a glass of juice already waiting for me. He gave it to me and nudged me to eat.

I obliged, nobody can stop me from consuming pancakes. Not even Ghost!

Ghost nodded his head in my direction, when I sat down. And went on with what he was saying.

"Look gents, I know how you must be feeling, but that was side hustle. I was trying to get those Russians to help us. If y'all hadn't snooped around it would have worked fine! Just keep in with the plan okay?" He said looking at G directly.

"I-" G began but cut himself off.
"Okay."

"And John my man, don't you worry them asses ain't gonna be bothering you anymore." He said winking.

John was red, I guess he wanted to punch Ghost as much as I did

Ghost got up to leave but before he did he added a sly, "Catch you later little cat."

And stalked out of the penthouse.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Everyone was gathered for a group discussion, even Willow, Irene and Sam. Willow was well adjusted with the takers by now, but Rene and Sam still seemed like fish out of sea.

G gave everyone work to do, since the heist was two days from today. Rene and Sam were to do some research on the Russians. Lily would 'babysit' them. John and Jake were going to go underneath the tunnels to check if all the C-4 needs anymore drilling and that everything is in order. G and Jesse would go over Jesse's escape route and G had some confidential paper work to finish. AJ and I would be going through the safety escape route. The one which we would use incase the real escape route didn't work out. So yeah all set.