Craving Chaos

According to AJ, I'd need a change of clothing if I wanted to melt in with the crowd at the club

According to AJ, I'd need a change of clothing if I wanted to melt in with the crowd at the club. So we walked to a nearby thrift store where AJ apparently had taken Jesse and 'his' girl to once.

I eyed him at that and he laughed nervously. I sarcastically smiled back. Clubs, God knows I've been to, too many clubs in the last few days. The thrift store was a underground shop, with a circling staircase leading to a basement area. It was covered with everything from prom dresses to nail polishes to kiddie tiaras. You name it.

AJ nodded at the sales woman and held my waist taking me to an end of the store. The place was full of short fitted colorful dresses.

"Seriously?" I asked him with a frown.

"Dresses again? Can't I wear shorts or I don't know pants?"

"You're wearing jeans right now anyway. Ever been to a club wearing jeans? Just wear the dress, it'll be easier," He said with a slight amusement that made me want to punch him.

I rolled my eyes the best I could and tried on several dresses. We landed on a short peach dress with daisies all over it. It was fitted and came till above my knees. I was so uncomfortable.

He just smiled and called me beautiful.
I pouted.

"Well while we're here, do you think they have belts or something? I need one to wrap around my thigh. I'll put the pocket knife there," I said with round eyes.

He looked stunned.
And a wee bit terrified.
                      °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

We reached outside of the club, it was called, 'Devils Nest'. Typical enough.
I had opened my hair and my knife was very much there, hanging from my right thigh.

Before I entered AJ reached in and placed a strand of my hair behind my ear. Then he fit something there, it felt like ear plugs. He carefully fixed it, as he did I looked at him.

His head of golden hair was in a tangle of curls. His beautiful green eyes had more specks of gold in them today with the sun out and about. And his lips were so close to mine, I fought back the urge to collapse into them.

"Here, all done. We can communicate now, I'll be in there too, keep talking to me. But do not let your hair go back," He said with a slight twist in his mouth.

"You're coming in? Won't they recognise you?" I said kind of worried.

"Wait and watch I have a mask. Ever seen the movie drive?" He asked with a sparkle in his already sparkling eyes.

I instantly knew what he was talking about.
He giggled.

"If Ryan Gosling could do it. I surely can as well."

"Oh great, my gorgeous boyfriend will wear a mask that makes him look like a creepy creep from creepsville," I said rolling my eyes. Here I was going to enter a dangerous club full of armed criminals, but I'm laughing with AJ anyway.