Gold Green Eyes And A Whirlwind Of Lies.

"Wasn't it too dangerous for me here?" I slyly ask John as he leads me through the club

It was a huge place. After the entryway, there was a wall, and on one side was the disco and the bar. And on the other was a flight of stairs going up to a private lounge area of sorts. It was visible, but still private.

John was taking me there. My lilac dress was turning into different shades of blue under the lights.

"It is dangerous. But if you stay with me, you should be fine." He answered. And even though he was walking ahead of me, I knew he was smiling.

When we reached the top of the stairs I saw a small area with a pool table, books and sets of comfortable sofa chairs. The woman, the one in the black dress was standing by the stairs, she greeted me with a warm smile. I smiled back.

John introduced her as Lily, she said, "It's really great to finally meet you Delilah."

Finally meet me? How does she know me? I thought. But I just smiled and nodded.

The place was light with warm lights.
I could see four other men. One was lounging on the main chair. He was bigger than the others. Two, were sitting on the sofa, they looked like brothers.

And then there was the fourth. He was younger than the rest, a little older than me perhaps. He was leaning by a wall and had a pretty wine glass in his hand, filled half with a transparent liquid. He wore black suspenders and a white clean shirt, under his dark black suit. And what made him stand out the most, was the fact that he was wearing a black fedora hat with white rims. He was beautiful.

He looked at me. Directly at me, and I felt naked, as if he was peering into my very soul.

John took me ahead and the big man sitting on the main chair stood up and shook my hand gently. He had an accent.

"Hello Delilah, I'm Gordon Cozier. I'm not sure whether you remember me. I once brought you a silver dress for Christmas, the Christmas I met you."

I was quite startled. Overwhelmed. Silver dress? yes I vaguely remember. He was way younger then. I was around 11 and it was around the time when I realised I was crushing on John. He was John's guest, so I greeted him with an open heart. I remembered now.

"Oh yes, I was 11. Wasn't I?" I said.
John smiled and so did Gordon.

"Yes, you were quite young," said Gordon.

"It's a pleasure meeting you again."

"Pleasure's all mine Delilah," he said sitting back down.

Next John introduced me to the brothers. They were brothers, Jake shook my hand sweetly and called me pretty. He looked around John's age. He had short black curly hair and coloured eyes. His dark skin was smooth and shiny just like his lovers. His brother, Jesse was younger, around my age I'd guess. He was full of energy.