Somewhere Only We Know

AJ'S pov:

AJ'S pov:

That night had gone restlessly, the boys and I worked all night with the plans, making sure everything was perfect.

G had made sure everyone was still in the room once Ghost had gone. Ghost had come like a dog begging for bones, once he'd heard about the helicopter incident. But nor I neither anyone else pulled it too long. We just wanted this over with. We wanted to pay our debts to Ghost and get out. I knew I did. And I knew Jake did too. G had looked so serious and stern when he'd told us what we all knew was coming.

"Remember the plan, gents. Family, always." He'd said, again and again.

'Remember the plan'

Never did I ever think that I'd quit all this, ecstatic madness. The drive and rush of it. The Takers. But after meeting her, I knew I'd never be the same again. She has a control over me. She taught me that love is not changing yourself, or trying to be someone you're not. It's loving part of the other person that they themselves feel to be strange. It's sacrifice. And even though I know she'll be more than willing to stay....stay in this ride or die life with me. I can't let her throw all her potentials away. And I know....what I do is...well not as morally desired as one would want it to be.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The day of the heist had finally arrived. I woke up at 5 in the morning due to restlessness. I was anxious, why the hell was I anxious. Then I saw her hand next to my pillow. So it hadn't been a wonderful dream after all. The morning had just begun to break. There were warm rays of sunlight peaking through the curtains. They were painting her brown hair a shade of crimson. Her mouth was slightly open. And her eyes were fluttering crazily behind her lids. Nightmares. She had them more often now. She was worried too. I bent down to her face and brushed my fingers over the outline of her jaw, the shape of her lips, her temples, her hair. And then I kissed her very softly on the cheek. She smiled and turned the other way.

"Don't leave without me," she said in her sleep.

"I wouldn't dare too," I answered back. "Get some more sleep, I'll wake you up when it's time."

She hummed agreeing and buried her head back into the pillows.
I got out of bed and got ready.

Jake was outside waiting, he had a sandwich in his hand and coffee on the table.

"You up too?" He asked with a slight smile.

"Yup couldn't sleep, I'm-" I was saying.

"Worried," Jake finished for me.

"Yes, I don't feel so good about this. I mean we know Ghost is up too no good. We know he wants Delilah. Why are we keeping up a glamour about it all?"

"There's no way Ghost is getting out of this alive AJ. And once we're done. We disappear." He said, his blue eyes grave.