Ferris Wheel Of Speculation

"We've lost them," AJ said letting out a long sigh of relief

But I was too caught up in my head to really listen to the rest. All I could possibly think about was Willow.

"Delilah? Are you alright?" AJ was lightly touching my hand now, on the wheel.

"Could you grab my phone from the back, it's in the front pocket of my bag." I told him.

He reached out and brought my light green bag ahead and ruffled through the front pocket.

"Found it. Should I call someone for you?" He asked cautiously.

"Yeah, dial Willow," I said still staring at the road ahead.

"Okay, why don't you stop by the Macdonalds there? The drive through. Then we'll go home." He said while dialing Willow.

I nodded and took a turn for the drive through.
After 5 minutes and about four tries, AJ gave up.

"She's not answering," he said with a worried look.

"Dial her mum, must be saved as auntie Miller," I said, we'd reached the drive through and I'd ordered a wrap and a burger with two coffee's.

AJ's eyes went big when she answered, he put the phone on speaker and placed it near me.

"Hello? Leila, dear are you there?" Called the familiar voice of sweet auntie Miller through the phone.

"Yup Auntie! How are you?" I said leaning in.

"I'm fine dear, why the call all of a sudden? Is everything okay?" She sounded a bit worried.

"Oh great auntie! Just fine! I just missed your homemade pickles! So felt like Calling you!" AJ had taken the orders in and I was trying to park somewhere so we could eat now.

"You little pickle monster! I'll send you a fresh batch next time Willow comes. It's been very quiet without her here. How is she Leila?" The moment she said this I tensed all over. So Willow hadn't made it home after all.

"Oh.. she's good auntie no problems. Just a bit busy with studies, trying to cope with the heat, you know. Um...when did you talk to her last?"

"Well it's been a few days, about 4 maybe. Could you maybe ask her to call me. Her phone is perpetually out of coverage!" Auntie said a bit angsty.

"Sure will, Auntie, I've got to run right now! But don't you worry! Take care, bye!" I said my mind already racing at the possibilities of where poor willow must be right now.

Auntie made a sound and said goodbye. AJ put away the phone and the bag in the back and undid my seatbelt.

I was completely shocked and paranoid....I didn't know what to do.

He kissed my cheek and grabbed me and placed me on his lap. I just wrapped my arms around his neck and stayed there for sometime. I'm sure he was going numb under my weight but he didn't utter a word about it, just held on to me tight.