The Crescent Moon

The next morning I got up to aches and bruises everywhere

The next morning I got up to aches and bruises everywhere. And I mean everywhere! AJ wasn't in bed when I finally woke. I groaned and tumbled out from the comfy sheets. Every part of me still pained and my neck still had an angry red bruise from where Yelena had scratched it. Outside everyone was in a hurry. Scurrying from one place to another. There were white boxes and tuxes everywhere. And out by the pool AJ and G were talking about something over a big map. Jesse was the first one to see me. He came running and hugged me. And I yelped out in pain which made him bounce too.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry. I totally forgot about that." He apologized.

I just smiled sheepishly and brushed him off.

He took me to the kitchen and began making me sandwiches. I sat on the counter and looked around. Jake was sitting in the hall, and was busy doing something on his computer. I could hear John and Lily but couldn't exactly see them. And of course Ghost was here too. He was by the sofa chair with a milkshake in his hand talking on the phone.

"We decided to not tell him anything about Willow and the Russians. I mean...if he's involved he must know everything anyway. We don't want to waste time. Everyone is focused on the heist now." Jesse said seeing how I was eyeing Ghost.

I simply nodded in agreement.

"Where's Willow?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Oh she's still asleep. Poor thing must have really been tired. Lily is with John, talking," he said, heavy on the word talking.
"John's better. But you know a gun wound is a gun wound. It'll take time and rest."

"Will he be able to participate?" I asked.

"I don't know we've not talked about it. And even if they have, I was not invited to the conversation." He was getting something from the fridge now.
"They still think I'm a baby."

"Aw Jesse, they'll always see you like that. You're they're little riot!" I said with a smile.

"Yeah yeah, Well I'm an adult now. I-I want to be treated like one." He finished.

"Why don't you talk to them about it. Or prove it to them. Prove to them that you're mature now. That you're a grown ass adult?" I offered.

He giggled and kissed me on the cheek.

"Yes ma'am, thankyou. You're like the best friend I never had."

"Well you have one now."
-
-
I didn't want to go and eat around Ghost. But nor did I want to interfere with whatever AJ and G were doing. Especially with all the tension between AJ and I. He'd forgiven me, yes....but I still felt guilty and I knew he still had some unresolved issues with the whole situation too. I just didn't have the energy to deal with all that right now.

Instead I took the plate of sandwiches and moved down the long alleyway. And turned to the room from which I could hear Lily and John from earlier. They'd seemed to have finished 'talking' now. And honestly they were my favourite people to hang out with at the moment so I knocked twice on the door.