Hospital Blues

AJ's pov:

AJ's pov:

I woke to a bright yellow light tearing through my vision. I could smell the familiar hospital scents, antiseptics and blood. I was lying on a blue bed and was wrapped up from abdomen to upper chest with thick white bindings. The pain had lessened considerably.

I tried to get up and sit straight when I saw a girl with long, black hair and a tense face help me up.

She sighed and sat down, then looked straight at me with a murderous stare.

I gulped, "Hey Irene."

"Hey Irene? Hey Irene!? What the Frick is wrong with you! You know how crazy Delilah must be right now. Plus you made pretty guy sad!"

"Pretty guy? Who John?" I asked honestly curious.

"Yes, John. He was so worried about you! And do not even mention how anxious Delilah must be! My three best friends are out there battling it out with bloody mafias! And you had to get yourself injured!" She finally finished and took deep breaths. Her eyes were red from crying.

"I'm sorry Irene, I really am. But- wait did you just say three best friends?" I asked her.

"Yes! Delilah, Willow and-" She stopped on the verge of tears.

"And who?"

"Sam!" She cried into my hospital sheets.

I pet her head and tried to soothe her.

"Sam? What is he doing there?"

"He's with them. With that weird scary guy with the flared nostrils," she said being very descriptive.

"Ghost? He's with Ghost?" I asked confused.

"He was!" She cried.
"He was picked by him and put undercover for Leila, but he couldn't complete his mission because -" she stopped again.

"Because?"

"Because he started to like his life with us....and-"

This was much more suspicion then I could take with a newly operated self.

"And?"

"And because he FELL IN LOVE WITH ME!" She half cried, half wailed and dug her face into the hospital bed.
"Oh Gosh I can't believe I was so mean to him!"

"Oh Rene it's okay. It's out now right? That's all that matters-" I said just as the her pocket vibrated to the tune of "Single Ladies".

She shot me a red eyed look. "That is NOT my phone," she said.

I controlled my laughter and nodded.

She took it out and saw that there were about ten missed calls.
And 3 new messages.

"Who's phone is that?" I asked.

"I don't know, John gave it too me," she said looking at the phone.