Little Ray Of Pitch Black

I couldn't breathe, I think I was having a small panic attack

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I couldn't breathe, I think I was having a small panic attack. I put back AJ's phone and whimpered out of the room. I couldn't breathe. The hall ahead was dark as well. I scrambled to the kitchen for some water, and my panic attack came on full blast.
My mind was a jumbled mess of thoughts and disbelief. AJ? how could he do this? I trusted him, I allowed him into my life. I loved him. He couldn't-
I couldn't breathe.
The glass of water fell just as I did, I was grabbing onto the kitchen counter for support, but my hands were shaking. My head was pounding with pain, and-
I couldn't breathe.

I felt hands hold my waist and lift me. I could hear my name being called, I could see John wiping my tears, tears I didn't even know I'd shed.
He laid me down on the sofa and calmed me down.
I was crying frantically now, my head was still blasting with pain and I was still shaking, but I was finally breathing again.

"Delilah, darling look at me. Breathe, please I can't lose you. Stop crying," he whispered softly.

"J-John...I....c-can't...A-AJ..." And I broke down crying again. I was leaning into him, my head buried in his chest. I remembered the time, when he had calmed me from the lightning outside my window. A storm greater than any before had hit Miami. And I was so scared, crying in my room. John had come, in the middle of the night to calm me down. My brother must have sent him. But he'd told me that I'd always be safe. That I was a brave, strong girl. And I believed him, as I drifted off to sleep.

And I still did.

"John, can you help m-me...out to the balcony. I c-can't breathe in here," I asked him, and he lifted me without another word and brought me to the balcony.

He laid me down on one of the sun bathing chairs by the pool. And sat opposite me. My hands were in his.

"Delilah, will you tell me what happened?" He asked looking at me.

"I-I can't, I don't know whether I trust you anymore John. I don't know whether I trust anyone anymore." I said, wanting to break down again.

"AJ, it's AJ isn't it? What did he do? Delilah, you know me since before I even met G. I was a kid, when I met James. You know me, Delilah. Trust me," he pleaded.

"How do I know you'll not step all over me too?" I said.

"You don't, all you can do is have faith in me. And hope for the best. No matter how many times I tell you I won't hurt you. That's all you can do." He said.

"AJ.....his phone. I didn't mean to see it, but it was right there and-"

"And what?" he asked.

Then I told him the rest, I told him about Yelena and the text and Willow and Gordon. I told him everything. No secrets. I was too tired for secrets. I needed to vomit it all out.

"Do you think AJ is lying? Do you think he's with the others?" John asked after a long pause.

"Do you think G is involved, John?" I bit back.
"Because honestly, I don't know what the heck is going on right now."