Chapter 35

JadaMomoa: Mother and Daughter

4,000,000 likes ~ limited comments

---

I let out a whimper as I tighten my grip around Jason's hand. My whimpers soon turn to cries as I feel another contraction hit.

"You can do it." Jason whispers in my ear as before he presses his lips against my forehead which is coated with sweat. 

"Ok Jada, I need you to push." My midwife instructs and I feel my toes curl as the pain intensifies. I have been pushing for the last hour but so far nothing has come from it beside pain and discomfort. We have even been switching positions since no babies have come out but my contractions are a minute apart.

Another cry slips through my lips as I feel a wave of pain hit me from my current contraction. I push long and hard to the point where I feel like I'm about to have a nose bleed. I stop pushing as a strangled cry forces it way out of my mouth as I feel a burning sensation on my vagina. I'm presuming that this is the ring of fire that many women have spoken about.

We were planning to have a water birth but I decided that it would be too much energy since I would have to get out of the pool once the baby's head came out.

"You're crowning." My midwife informs me before instructing me to push once the next contraction hits. 

It's hard to believe that I'm going to have to do this again for the next twin then I will have to push out the placenta. I hope that Jason will be happy with twins because I will not be doing this again.

"I need you to do a big push when the next contraction hits." She says as I feel her hands graze my entrance. "Big push Jada."

"You're doing good baby girl." Jason kisses the back of my hand. I scrunch my face up in pain as I focus everything into pushing this baby out.

"Oh God." I cry out as I feel the pressure being released. The sweet cries of my baby fills the room as I feel a pull, the baby is out.

"Congratulations, it's a beautiful baby boy." My midwife smiles at me as she holds my son up for me to see and I begin to cry as Jason walks over to him. Our first child is here and I am even more determined to bring his sister into the world, even if it's the last thing that I do.

I smile as Jason cuts the umbilical cord, severing the connection that I once held with my son. It's ok though because we are going to build an even bigger connection out here in the real world.

Sixteen minutes later, our daughter takes her first breaths and it is the greatest moment of my life. I now have both of my babies in my arms and there is just this lightness in the air followed by peace.

"You did it." Jason whispers as he looks at me in awe.

"I did it." I look up at him with teary eyes before looking down at my greatest creations.

" I look up at him with teary eyes before looking down at my greatest creations

My midwife allows me time for skin to skin contact with my babies. We are laying down on my new bed and this is a moment that I will never ever forget.

"Jada." I kiss my husband on the lips as he lays besides me, cuddling our small family.

"Jada, I'm going to pull out the placenta." My midwife tells me.

Jason puts his arms around me as the midwife starts pulling my placenta out. I scrunch my face up in pain as I feel it being pulled out. 

"Relax Jada." A small cry escapes my lips as the placenta grazes my opening. "I've almost got it."

Jason kisses my sweat covered forehead as a strangled cry escapes my lips just as the midwife pulls out the placenta.

"Oh God." I breathe deeply. 

Dare I say that the placenta was more painful than the actual birth?

I was supposed to push out my own placenta but while delivering our daughter, I started experiencing some complications which led to the midwife have to pull our daughter out. It was a frightening moment especially since she didn't cry but our midwife was amazing as she did her thing.

"I'm going to push down on your stomach to get out the excess blood." She tells me and I brace myself for the pain that shortly followed as she pressed down on my stomach. "Just breathe through it."

"It's alright." Jason kisses my face. "You did amazing."

---

Thankfully we were able to follow through with our birth plan and we actually gave birth to our twins in our new home before were taken to the hospital. We loved Tamar's home but we decided that we just wanted something new, a little more secluded and just somewhere more homely. 

We put Tamar's old home up for sale and thankfully she was very understanding towards the situation. A day after giving birth, we were back in our new home and I felt nothing but peace.

"This is the new world." Jason softly comments as he cradles our daughter in his arms and I let out a small laugh because she looks so tiny in his big arms even though she weighed a good seven pounds. Her brother however was weighing nine pounds and I even had to glare at him because pushing him out, took everything out of me.

"What a beautiful world it is." I wipe away a stray tear that lands on my son. "Have you thought of any names yet?"

The one thing that Jason and I didn't do during our pregnancy was decide on names so we have a few days until we have to give the registry the names. 

Jason doesn't answer as he lightly wraps his arms around and I rest my head on his shoulder.