Surprise

Y/N's POV
The door opened out of nowhere.

I wasnt ready and I also couldnt find my gun. I just grabbed a kitchen knife.

"Whoa whoa whoa, dont need to get like that Y/N"

It was the guy who owned the place, my friend Daniel.

We trained together back in the day.

"Damn, you should at least knock bro." I chuckled.
"My bad my bad, wanna drink? I brought whiskey" He said while showing me the bottle.

"Sure, Id love to man"

We sat down at the table and he got two glasses for us.

"So what are you doing here anyways?" I asked Daniel.
"I wanted to check on you, your condition, I couldnt leave a friend hanging like that" He replied.

"But honestly speaking, I miss you Y/N, the good times when we trained together, went through the same struggles. Its amazing to see how far we've come" he said while patting my back.

I took a drink of my whiskey.

"Yeah sure bro, its nice to see myself at the edge of death right now" I said sarcastically.

"Hey hey, may I just remind you, you were the best of our class back in the day, no one could beat you that easily" He said while drinking whiskey.

"Yeah well, I might just be near the end." I sighed.

There was silence after that.

"So uh how are the girls?" Daniel asked.

"Theyre sleeping in the room, I didnt sleep to make sure no one got to them" I answered.

"Hmm alright, how about your love life huh? You have a girl back at home in the Philippines or what. With that face its pretty impossible that you wouldnt have a girlfriend or something" he said.

"Actaully Daniel, I kinda like Tzuyu here, shes the main reason that keeps me going, if it weren't for her, I wouldve given up earlier" I said.

"Hmm falling inlove with the people you rescue, interesting" he said

He put his hands on his chin.

"How bout you?" I asked.

"I got a wife and a kid now bro, you should meet her someday, shes so precious" he smiled so wide.

"Damn im happy for you bro, you look happy with them, whats your kid's name?" I asked.

"Her name is Kylie" he said.

"Cute name!" I smiled back at him.

"You know bro, its hard." the mood suddenly went downward.

"What is?" I asked.

"Having a precious and loving family. Its so hard because of this job. Everyday your life is on the line,every single day. You never know the next day your family could wake up without the father anymore. Without their husband. It messes up your brain Y/N." he sadly said.

I couldnt reply anything since thats exactly what I thought about towards Tzuyu as well.

"If ever you do come out here alive Y/N, and you decide to live your life with Tzuyu. Make sure youd be alive and well for her. Dont make the same damn mistakes I made" he said.

"Hey, its never too late Daniel. We have a lot of things ahead of us, you can still spend your life with them" I said.

"I hope so Y/N, I hope so"