Chap-53 My birthday gift

Well, I'm called again for dinner by dad. I thought he was busy considering how Felix always goes to Claude saying, that the emperor has called him. Is daddy slacking off of is Felix? Nah...that's not my job.

"Athanasia, let me ask you again, is there anything you want for for your birthday gift? Or anything that you want me to do?"
Geez. Repeat telecast?"Daddy, I told you I have everything that I want, so..."
"Nope" I said while constantly shaking.
"Nothing really?"
Hah... He's too concerned. I can't play on any more,"daddy, I want you to do one thing, give me any gift that you desire..." I then chuckled a little.
I don't know why, but Claude got irritated,"ATHANASIA!" That was not a joke I was serious. What if I state my wish and he finds it cheeky? Nowadays, dancing with father's is considered cheesy, so...I don't want to be scolded "I just asked if you want anything for specific for your birthday, if you don't want anything just say so. You don't have to state such an answer. And what leave it up to me? I would make you the empress on your 14 th b'day. " The country would fall into chaos then and you would scold me even more." I have other work too Athanasia. So please be reasonable."
I now get that no body was slacking off. Both were working hard and Claude's really very busy and he only comes here just so that I don't feel lonely. I shouldn't have behaved like that. But would it be too much of a burden for him now that he has his hands on work if I ask him for the first dance at my debut? I think, I should go with Felix.
"Um daddy, then I want Felix to be my escort at my debut."
"Is that so, then..."
"N no your majesty, h how could I..." I forgot Felix was here for all the time.
"Why not? Isn't it something which you could boast about for generations?"
Why does daddy seem pissed off?
''your dad's love for you is more than you think, so just say it. You are pissing me off too.''
This system has no decency, but let's take this gamble. And tell my true feelings.
"It is but..."
"Papa! You and Felix don't need to be serious. It was just a joke. I-"

"ATHANASIA, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR JOKES

"ATHANASIA, I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR JOKES. SO JUST SAY IT BEFORE I LOSE IT COMPLETELY."
The threatening big boss. I gulped, hope he doesn't get any angry, I'm getting scared, I feel like crying considering what's happening now.
"U um da daddy, I I want you to d dance with me at m my debutante. P please."
"ATHANASIA I HAD ENOUGH OF IT. STOP IT WITH THE JOKES YOU-", he said it all while banging the table and getting up from his chair and coming towards my seat. Shit I was getting so scared, and unknowingly, tears started to flow out of my eyes. No I don't want you all to see my weak side, which is I cry when daddy scolds me because I get hurt a lot. And this time, I was the one who was joking about at first but then I got serious and he still yelled at me. Why? I knew that he was busy still I asked him. I guess, it would be too much...
"*Sigh* Athanasia..."
"Your majesty, please don't scold princess anymore, she is cry-"
"No Felix, it was I who put more burden on him. Daddy, I knew that you were busy that's why I asked you to not bother too much to prepare a gift for me. But then when you said, I thought, it would easen you burden, so I took Felix's name to escort me, but seeing, how you were making faces-"
"Making faces-puhahaaha"
'shut off'
"- I mean, you were frowning, so I thought that I should tell you my real wish, that was dancing with you, I was not joking papa, but as I thought it would be too Cheesy, and that's why you scolded me and you would even have work, so I I just....waah..." I cried while constantly wiping my tears.
Seeing this, Claude hugged me and also started to pat me.
"I'm sorry, actually, since yesterday you weren't taking any of this serious that's why. I'm sorry. So, your birthday wish is to dance with me at your debut? Then we would do so."
Hey! His face expression, escalated from irritated man who has lost everything to happiest man, the one who wins the world's greatest lottery.

"Daddy, I also want you to be the first one to congratulate on my birthday. Do you agree to these wishes, if it's not too much."
"If you want it that badly, then I guess, its not too much, though I have work and I hate noisy places, if it's for you then-"
"But nowadays dancing with fathers is not common, people might judge."
"If they value their lives, then they won't."
"So you would come?"
"I hate those places but-" keep mumbling because-

""So you would come?""I hate those places but-" keep mumbling because-

"You would really come? No take backs? You promise?"

"I promise

"I promise."

Later --------------------------------------------------
"My princess"

Just how much did Claude torture you with work the work for the past few days? That after seeing me after dinner and NOT having you as my escort brightens you so much?

"Thankyou so much princess"
"Er sure" I would never joke around now. To think that my jokes would have such a high impact. Hahaha.

I guess, all happens for good and all that goes well, ends well...