Chap- 70 I want to marry Lucas.

"Lucas" I went to the wizard tower to tell him the real situation.

"Dad won't allow me to marry you."
"From where did that come all of a sudden, princess?"
"Yesterday night I went to ask Claude about granting us a marriage, but he refused."
"Why?"
"He said that love is not something that an empress should be concerned about. You are bound to take rash desicions when you are in love. So he said that he won't do anything till the time I become an adult. And he also said to think about wheather I really love you or not."
"Did you think?"
"Mm hmm. I thought and thought and at last found out that this isn't a physical attraction, but love, Lucas, do you..."
"Chu...." He kissed my forehead. Aahh! This is cheating. I blushed. Shit! He has no sense of shame.
"Princess, I'm in no need of the emperor's title or money. I'm happy with whatever I have. I just need you and being unable to die, I can only ask for your love. I truly love you and there's nothing else I wish to have except you. "
'why not read his thoughts?' so I switch on my mind reading ability.
' She's too cute. But I just hope she doesn't take any rash desicions in order to marry me. I can always wait you know. Empire comes first, moreover, after what his majesty experienced in love, this was expected. She took a rash decision. She should have waited. But now how do I explain it to her? '

Oh my! I forgot about mom and what Lucas told is also true. Ugh... I messed up again. I should have waited, but the way he cares for me first is the proof that he loves me from deep down. So good.

I hugged him, and I hugged him hard. "So I'll leave now. I need to apologise to daddy too. I realised my mistake."
"Huh? So fast, princess..."
I was already out before he could see me of. No I gotta run to daddy, yes! Main palace. Hmm...

Huh? Dad's going to the emerald palace? Why? Shit! It must be to meet me.

"Daddy" I call out him. He turns. I'm now feeling embarrassed for yesterday.

Should I go and hug him? But that would be awkward. So I slowly walk towards him. "Its been a while." I smile nervously. What should I do?
"Exactly. I wanted to talk to you. If you have time..." He's gonna talk about it right? I'm not prepared, but still I have to face it. "Sure daddy. Even I wanna have a chat with you."
"So then let's go to your room." He tries to pat me on back, but still hesitates. I think because of yesterday...

Gaah... This's suffocating. I have to break it. I wrapped my arms around him left arm"ok daddy." And give my most beautiful smile. Hahaha. Yosh! He seems to have gotten a bit at ease. Now let's hear what he wants to talk about.

In the room, I poured some tea for him and he drank a sip, then he finally opened up his mouth and looked straight at me,"athy, i actually wanted to talk to you about something, you might feel that I an scolding you, but it is not so."

What? My first love? I'm ready for it so come.

"Athanasia, you are of the age, wherein you might tend to fall in love with the other boys of your age and hence would even confess to them, but your love might be unrequited for them, so firstly think about the other person always, who knows, he might want to be with someone else."

Are you saying I should break up?

"Athanasia, I can see from your face that you are not interested, but still..."

"Fine then

"Fine then. I want you to forget that boy. Because you are the future empress. So no boy should approach you. You would only marry when you're required to."

"And if I'm unable then?"

"Don't bother talking to me." He coldly responded to me and shut the door close.

At times like these, it feels like he's more of an emperor than a father.

This cold reply, it's making me suffocated. Its like I have committed some grave mistake. I feel like crying. Since when... Since when did I become this sensitive? Why? I can understand that daddy has love issues, but why not allow me to fall in love? Daddy, just what are you hiding.... I feel like I am just doing something wrong when he behaves like this... Daddy... So sorry.