Ch. 1 I am Clarissa James

Daydreaming. Everyone does it, it's part of who we are. Wanting to escape reality and be in our Safe Haven. When we are asleep we daydream, well we just dream in general.

We dream that all our problems can be taken away. All of them at the snap at our fingers. Everyone wants to escape reality.

As for Clarissa James, she wants out of this town for good, everything comes with a price. Nothing ever good happens here. Magic is what keeping us alive, stable, most importantly, Magic is the key solution to getting the hell out of this town.

Clarissa always like adventuring into new parts of Storybrooke that were available to her reach. She liked helping the dwarfs out in the mines. Her favourite, Grumpy, past all his anger he was towards her mother, he learned that Clarissa is nothing like her. He learned to get along with Regina.

Escaping town is all she ever wanted. She wanted to see the world, see how it felt like to breathe in country air, smell the ocean. But Storybrooke never had that.

Working late night double shifts at Granny's is easy. Clarissa doesn't mine it at all. All she ever wanted was to help others, serve others before she help her own self out.

Working behind the counters, was her favourite spot. She had one job and one job she had, was to greet, take care of the customers, making them feel welcomed, getting their meal ready, and serving them their meal.

Her mother wondered why she even bothered working, they have enough money for anything Clarissa wanted. But Clarissa is hardheaded. Stubborn, naive. She takes the hard way out of things. But she also has a plan.

She heard the phone ring behind the counter, going across the tile floor, and reaching for the telephone she picked It up and answered it.

"Granny's"

"Clarissa is me Henry." Her brother sounded like Angel over the telephone. Henry and Clarissa were close, Clarissa would do anything to keep Henry safe, while Henry will do anything to keep Clarissa safe.

"Henry it's way past your bedtime! Mom will have my head!" The raven haired sister laughed.

"I was calling you because I wanted a Granny Burger."

"Your calling me to tell me you want a Granny Burger, how would you like that done Hens." She gave him the nickname Hens, because when he was a little boy, he loved playing with his toys and reading books about Hens and Chickens. And well cause you can't lie Henry liked the name Hens.

"Clary you know I like my Granny Burger!" Henry yelled at her over the phone, causing her to stifle a small smile, and writing down his meal on the notepad before sticking it on the dash top.

"I'll be home in an hour, I'll sneak up the food you want to you, how does that sound." Clarissa smiled over the phone. She loved her brother, and she would do anything to keep him safe.

Always and forever.

He hung up the phone before saying an I Love You. And Clarissa went back to work cleaning down the tables, preparing it for the next customers.

The door bell rang notifying her that someone just walked in the door. She didn't want to look up, she was busy cleaning the table down, before going on to clean the second one.

Once she was done she turned around and saw the man who walked in. Hook.
Damn it. She thought to her self. She wished him to be gone, she even thought about why him, why not Grumpy to make her laugh, or Sneezy, Dopey too. But her wishes weren't granted.

"Hello my love." The deep British accent rang upon his beautiful face. She rolled her eyes before serving him the usual beer he has gotten in the past four nights he's been here.

"Anything else Hook." Her arms were crossed over her chest, not amused by his stupidity. His ego is as big as the Jolly Roger.

"In a matter of fact yes, tell your mother, Regina, I like to talk to her." Hook looked deep in her eyes, trying to crack something, but deep down, he knew the real her. How she faked being happy for Henry's sake, yes she did love the boy, and she would do anything to make him happy.

"I'm not an owl Hook. You can ask her yourself." Clarissa grinned a toothless grin. She Henry's food taking it in a to go box. Putting it in a plastic bag.

"Granny I'm off!" Clarissa called out towards the lovely grandma.

"Thank you sweetie, see you tomorrow!" The energetic grandma called out towards the raven haired girl.

She left the diner, walking towards home, to one person that never lets her down. Henry. She heard the door bell ring and an all to familiar accent ring her ears.

"Wait Love!"

She turned around cocking an eyebrow at the man with one hand. She rolled her eyes playfully before walking away from him again. She knew how to do it perfectly.

"What Hook?" She glared at man, eyeing him on what he was going to propose to her. She knew that any offer came with a price, anything at all.

"Your mother is she home." He asked me bluntly.

Clarissa scrunch her eyebrows together, cocking her head to the side. Eyeing him carefully, he already asked her the question in Granny's Diner.

"Yes, she's home. You asked me that question already. Your to young to have amnesia." Clarissa stifled a little laugh before extending my arm letting him go in front of me.

__________________

"Henry?" Clarissa called out towards the sleeping boy. She closed the door, giving the burger he was craving tonight.

Henry shot up faster than he ever did before. Attacking his sister in a tight hug. Clarissa bent down to his height returning his hug.

"Thanks Clary."

"Make sure you eat it, Granny made it just for you. Goodnight Henry, I love you."

"And I love you." Henry supported his sister again with another tight. Before devouring his burger.

She closed the door slowly making her way towards her bathroom. Locking the door and stripping off her clothes and jumping in the shower.

Rinsing her hair with her favorite shampoo; coconut lavish laced with vanilla. Scrubbing her hair getting it fresh and scented like the smell that she loves.

She moved from the shampoo to her face wash. Scrubbing lightly getting it clean and ready for bed she turned off the faucet to the bathroom, grabbing her towel and wrapping it around her body.

Clarissa brushed her teeth before exiting the bathroom and opening up her bedroom door and closing it. She dressed in simple shorts and a regular silk button down long sleeve shirt before getting into bed.

She looked out the window seeing the stars for the first time in a while. She remembered the bed time story that Regina use to tell her. The second star to the right and straight until morning.
She smiled slightly, remembering the recalling memory.