CHAPTER 11

Linda was furious. She had every right to be but, it didn't stop Emma's giggling. "What did you do to her?" Linda was glaring at Joey with her hands stretched in Emma's direction. Emma was laying on the floor. She'd been caught making snow angles on the carpet. Linda took one look at Emma giggling on the floor and started yelling at Joey.

"Why do you think I did something?" he scoffed.

Emma watched Linda's foot tap aggressively on the floor. "Because you always do something." Joey scoffed and crossed his arms. Emma giggled again. She started humming along to Linda's tapping.

"What are you doing?" asked Taylor. Emma looked quickly to the right and instantly the room spun. She looked at the two versions of Taylor that looked down at her. Emma shrugged and continued humming. "Are you drunk?"

Linda gasped and Emma caught her storming towards the table. "Uh oh," she said quietly. Linda sniffed the cup, and then took a sip. She glared at Joey.

"You got her drunk!" she shrilled. "Emma is supposed to be on a date with one of the men tonight. How can you get her drunk?"

Emma looked to Joey. He had shrunk back into the seat. "We were only having fun. I didn't think she'd drink so much."

"What were you doing?" asked Taylor, calmer than Linda.

Joey shrugged casually. "It was a simple drinking game. I didn't think she'd actually swallow each sip. Everyone knows you don't do that; you just pretend."

Emma's eyes shot open wide. She rolled on her stomach and tried to get onto all fours. She sloppily pointed her finger at Joey. "You didn't drink?" she asked him.

"I can't believe you did."

She shrieked and climbed to her feet. She stormed up to him and started smacking him. She was very tipsy – borderline drunk – so her hits missed most times. Still, Emma continued to try aim for him. "You're an asshole."

He laughed with his arms up covering his face. "It was just a game." Emma reached for a pillow. Before she could swing it, Linda pulled her away.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Emma muttered. She turned and reached quickly for the nearest bin. A small one in front of Toby's desk called to her. Emma fell to her knees and threw up.

"You're an idiot," scolded Linda. Emma didn't know who she spoke to. She hoped the remark was meant for Joey. Hands touched her shoulder and gently nudged her away from the bin. Emma looked up at Linda.

"Come on, we've only got a few hours to get you sober and ready for a date."

"I don't wanna," muttered Emma childishly.

Linda pulled her to her feet. "You don't have an option. Now, who's your first choice?"

Emma's mind was too blurred and squished like overcooked spaghetti. She muttered the first name she could remember. "Will Boseman."

"Taylor."

"On it," answered Taylor. Emma watched her walk out of the office. Emma didn't care to know where she went.

Linda had her arms around Emma's waist. "Let's get you cleaned up and in a new dress." Emma nodded. "Just how much did you drink?"

Emma shrugged. All she knew was that Joey had added half a bottle of vodka to the Coke. She drank three quarters of it.

~~***~~

Will Boseman was set to meet her at The Eating Room later that night. Emma had never heard of the restaurant, but Taylor had squealed when she'd heard the name. The remaining men were sent home with a promise that, should they be chosen, they'd receive a call the next day. Emma hadn't made up her mind yet. The whole thing was a bit of a blur to her.