CHAPTER 26

They stumbled as a mess of limbs through Joey's apartment door. Emma remembered how his place looked. She remembered who it reminded her of. Walking with Joey, she refused to let the memories ruin the moment again. This time around, Emma was determined to see the bedroom and to have Joey make do on his promise.

She wanted to forget Eamon and to be freed from the hold he seemed to have on her. The contest had ruined her life in many ways but, Emma was starting to see the benefits. She was meeting interesting people and putting herself out there for the first time in years. She'd finally felt like someone men wanted. Still, despite their charm, good looks, and interest, Emma couldn't seem to shake Eamon.

Logic told her to move on and chase someone attainable. Yet, it would take only one look at Eamon's suave grin and she was hooked all over again, melting at his feet in obvious shame. She knew she couldn't have him; Larissa would make sure of it. Nevertheless, she wanted him.

"Tonight, we're going to the bedroom," Joey said with a moan. Emma's mind pulled back to reality and she grinned up at him. He had his arms wrapped around her waist. She couldn't deny how much she loved feeling her body mold against his. The faint lighting in the room cast a shy ray of yellow light across his face and Emma thought he appeared almost angelic.

"I was thinking the same thing," she said in answer to him. His lips stretched wider than she'd ever seen before and then, he was kissing her again. Emma let go of her inhibitions allowed her body and mind to surrender to the emotions and lust within her. Joey's kisses were passionate and had her limbs flopping like jelly. He kissed her with determination and like he had something to prove. His kisses let Emma feel what he felt. His kiss let her finally understand the severity of his feelings for her.

She was starting to feel the same.

They pulled away with a gasp and Joey looked at her, his eyes wide and clouded with lust. He began to pull her away from the front door. His eyes were set on the bedroom but, when they passed the living room, his impatience got the better of him. He pushed her gently down onto the suede black sofa and then, his body was on hers.

Emma welcomed him, greedily grabbing his shoulders, and pushing him onto her body. They both moaned when his jeans caused a delicious friction. Emma frantically pulled at his shirt, clawing his shoulders. Joey got the hint, sat upon his knees, and in one move, pulled the shirt over his head.

Emma's mouth flopped open. Damn, he was sexier without a shirt. His olive skin tightened gloriously across tight muscles, stern shoulders, and a narrow waist. Emma felt close to drooling. "Wow," she whispered in awe.

Joey grinned and leaned in close to her. "It's all for you to look at and touch." Emma didn't need to be told more. She let her hands go where they so desperately wanted. She reached for his chest and ran her fingers softly over his thick and hard pectorals. Joey hummed at the feeling, clearly enjoying it as much as she.

Joey's fingers trailed her collar bone while hers trailed his body. He reached the strap of her dress and tugged. "I can't be the only one on display here."

Emma blushed. It was no secret Emma was uncomfortable with her appearance. She'd always been ashamed of her body. A man like Joey had excellent taste. He was probably used to thin women with the right curves. He didn't want someone with lumps, and balloon packages like her. She shook her head and pulled her hands to herself. Joey frowned. "Why not?"

"We don't need to be naked."

He laughed. "No, but it is usually more fun that way." She turned her head away and Joey pulled it back towards him. "Come on Em, tell me what's going on." She shook her head. "I'm not going to finally get this far only for you to start shutting me out," he said sternly.