Chapter 17

-Hyejin-

"Here's your iced coffee sir" I gave a costumer a smile while serving him his coffee. My jaw already hurts probably because i smiled to much today.

"Hyejin, it's your break time, you're not eating?" Donghyun said. My Co worker. We do have a lot of teenager girls who visits this cafe because of this guy. Thanks to this good looking guy. He's really tall and a warm person who owns a genuine smile.

"I'm not that hungry, and we have a lot of costumer today" I said and smiled at him.

"what about you? are you done eating your dinner?" I asked him.

"not yet, as you said we have a lot of costumers, I'll help you instead." He smiled at me. Argh that smile again, it's really beautiful like you're being hypnotized.

"uh okay" I awkwardly said.

"hyejin"

He called me.

"Can i buy you dinner later?" He asked me.

Is he asking me out? ofcourse not. It's just eating dinner hyejin what are you even thinking! should i say yes or no? omo i don't think i can't reject his offer tho, he's flashing his smile again.

"sure" i simply said. He even smiled widely.

.......

"Thank you for not rejecting my offer hyejin" He said.

We're now on a restaurant. He picked this restaurant because he said that his Grandma loves taking him here.

"it's nothing, I think, its rude when you reject someone who offers to buy you food. Well that doesn't apply to strangers tho." i said to him.

"I'm not a stranger to you? We just knew each other earlier" He asked.

"Atleast we knew each other, and you seems to be a good person" I said.

"I'll take that as a compliment" He said and We laughed.

"Why you need to work?" He asked.

"I need to support myself. Pay for my tuition fees, my food and apartment. That's why i need to work as much i as can" I said.

"how about you?" I asked him.

"This is for my Grandma" He said.

"I left my family because of their expectations. I can't do things that i want. I can't be the person i want. They want me to pursue things that i didn't want. They want me to follow their step and be a Doctor. That's why i decided to live with my grandma, my father's mother and pursue things that i want. But now, she's sick and i have to pay for her Medication so do my tuition fee"

"But what about your father? He's a doctor i know he can help your grandma and that is her mother"

"Grandma doesn't want a help from my father. She asked me to not contact him about her. I'm not dumb i know there's a dark past between them" He said.

"I'm not the only one who's working, my grandma works too. She sells veggies and fruits at the market." He said. He really loves her grandma.

"I want you to meet my grandma she's really a nice person. I will introduce you to her soon" He said with a bright smile.

Our food arrived. While eating someone called my name. When i Turned around I saw him with Taehyung.

"Oh Hi, you two will eat or you're already done?" I asked them. Jungkook has his gaze on Donghyun.

"He's Donghyun. He works at the cafe too" I introduced Donghyun to them.

"I already know them, Bestfriends of our boss" Donghyun said.

"Hey Donghyun is Hyejin your type?" Taehyung suddenly ask. I choked and Donghyun  quickly handed me a glass of water.

"Yah! Are you crazy? what kind of question is that Taehyung? this is just a dinner" I said.

"just a dinner oh i see" Jungkook suddenly said note the sarcasm.

"To answer you question Mr. Kim ofcourse she's my type who wouldn't? not romantically just a friend" Donghyun said.

"just a friend oh i see" Jungkook said. seriously? what's wrong with him?

"Mr. kim my ass, Taehyung will do" Taehyung said.

I didn't get to hear the next conversation that they have because i saw someone behind Donghyun.

She's not alive. She's dead. An old woman.

"hey? are you okay? hyejin?" I just came back to reality when Donghyun called me a few times i guess.

"oh sorry i just saw something" I said.

"you something? what is it?" jungkook asked.

"it's nothing" I said. Jungkook and Teahyung left to eat. We continued to eat and talk until we finished.

"Thank you for tonight, Hyejin" He said.

"I should be the one saying that, Thank you for tonight. I'll treat you next time" I said. Suddenly his phone rang. I saw his expression on his face it's like he just heard a really bad news.

"o-okay i got it, i-i'm coming" He just ended the call.

"Sorry Hyejin i can't take you home. I-I have to go" He was about to run when i grabbed his shirt.

"Is everything alright? where are you going-"

"XXX Hospital, I'm sorry i have to go" He said and ran.

Don't tell me...

"Hyejin you're not going home?" I heard jungkook. i looked at him and he's not with taehyung.

"Where's tae?" I asked.

"He said He'll meet someone, Let's go I'll take you home" He said.

"Jungkook, come with me" I asked him i didn't even let him finish his words i grabbed his hands and ran.