Chapter 3

The couple inside keep moving around the apartment until I am watching the silhouette of them on the couch through the curtains. It's 2 am now and they still aren't done. Bear eventually lays between my legs and falls alseep there. I stuffed myself inside my hoodie to keep warm.

They cool down eventually. The balcony door suddenly opens. "Yo, get out, toots. Show's over." It's Damian, more drunk than before.

"May I leave in the morning, it's pretty dark?", I ask.

He chuckles quietly, leaning his elbow against the door. "You...pfftahahaha...You, your bum ass...wants to stay...in my house?"

"Yes...At least til morning."

His drunk self laughs more. "You're gonna have to pay the toll, baby!"

Damian lunges over to me. One of his hand is unbuttoning his pants, the other is up my shirt. "W-Wait, what are you-Mmph!" He kisses me, his tongue inside like a disgusting, alchohol-addicted eel. Bear snarls at him and begins to attack like the protector he is. Damian simply knocks him inside the apartment and shuts the door, but he continues to bark for my safety. "D-Damian, stop!", I shout. I intend fight back. I push, kick, slap, everything. Damian takes me by the leg and pulls me to him. Laying on my back and my jacket completely off me, Damian hovers over me, touching my body more. "Come on baby, lemme see that lovely body~"

Tears roll down my eyes. "Damian, please stop! No!"

"Oh come on, you can't deny you ever wanted this! That you wanted me to fuck you silly!" With the sharp hit mid-face, I kick him away and make a run for the door. "Ugh, you bitch!" I pick up Bear and dash. Only a foot away, I am yanked by my hood and slammed into the wall, temple first. I fall to the ground. Bear is released from my arms and bites Damian in the ankle. "Ouch!! Damn you!!!"

"Damian, no stop!"

Picking up Bear by the fat on the back of his neck, he takes him back to the balcony. "I'm going to kill your little ass!" With those words, he dankles Bear off the balcony. Bear whimpers frightenly.

I run over to his rescue, pulling Damian back away from the edge. He grabs me by the neck. "Oh, I'm not done with you either!" He turns off his plan to throw my pup off the balcony and focuses his attention on me. "You'll be the one to die first!" He opens the front door and throws Bear outside and slams it shut. Bear continues to bark.

His girlfriend, wine glass in hand, stands at the doorway of the bedroom and sips away, watching the show go on. His large hand around my neck tightens. I gag and choke for air. "Why are you so desperate to live, Summer? No one loves you! WHO IN THIS ENTIRE UNIVERSE WILL EVER CARE ABOUT YOU?!!! YOU'RE BIOLOGICAL PARENTS, NOT EVEN THEY LOVED YOU DEARLY!!!!"

My eyes over flow in tears. My aching heart falls in my chest. He was right. No one loves me. No one ever did. All my pains in my body suffer with my tears. "YEAH, CRY BITCH! TRUTH HURTS, HUH?"

If this how my life ends, so be it. I am not fighting anymore. Let me be the sacrifice for Earth. Bear's barks subside to be heard no more. My mind slowly fades, and my body weakens. So this is how it ends...

"Don't give up, Summer...Fight!"

A voice in my head whispers to me. A woman with a soothing, reasurring voice. I never heard it before...