Chapter 6

I couldn't sleep at all tonight. My mind was the light in my dark room that was keeping me awake. It was thinking about all of this god stuff coming to me all of a sudden. All I could do was absorb it.

  A human in a god's world. Not a great match. Even if they say I'm a goddess in a human body, the pieces just doesn't fit. How am I even going to survive here? This is a world full of powerful beings. If they don't accept my presence, a snap of their fingers and I'm six feet under.

I sigh to myself. Why am I even overthinking? Why am I even trying to fit into this place?

I'm nothing, but a mistake to existence.

They'd eat up and spit me out like everyone else. Walk over me like I'm not even there.

Bear was already out like a light, rolled in a furry ball on the pillow. He not even worried about anything; it's just me. It's always just me. Me, myself, and I forever. 

  Human world or god world, neither will I be accepted in. I don't know how that King guy expects me to be "fine" here. In what way will I be "fine"? Everyone walks over me. What makes him think that it won't happen here? I'm so lost right now.

"No need to worry about all that."

  My body jolts so hard to the sudden voice inside my head. I fall off my bed, getting tangled in the blanket and nearly have a heart attack. What the hell was that?!

   My room door opens, but I am unable to see. The sound of laughing flow to my ears. "My apolegies for the startle. You're quite jumpy."

  It was the King's voice. A loud snap rings throughout the room. The blanket I was then tangled in unravels. Once it sets me free, it magically floats in the air and lays neatly sets itself back on the bed. I sit there astonished.

  "Are you okay?" King says, helping me up off the floor.

  I fix my clothes. "Yeah...Thanks. And don't do that again!"

  He chuckles, rubbing my head like I was a dog. He sits beside me on the bed. Bear had woken up from my fall and is finally back at ease. He balls himself up in my lap and goes back to sleep.

"What are you doing here?", I mutter, still looking down at Bear. "I wanted to check up on you for a while. You were still awake, anyway," he responds.

The mad storm within me shakes my brain abruptly. His voice seemed so familiar to me. Not including the Damian incident or my dreams, but the tone is just so common to me that my head hurts. The mystery is how and why I know his voice?

"...You really have nothing to worry about with being here." Immediately, my eyes goes to him. His was still calm as ever. "Nobody will cause any problems for you."

"I doubt it."

"Believe me. With me above you, no god in the heavens would dare harm you."

"Still doubt it."

I go back to examining Bear sleep. I rest my head in the palm of my hand, supported by my elbow on my knee. I had forgotton already about that bruise on my cheek. My wince from the painful sting gave off my injury.

King was ready to examine my face. "No, no. I'm fine. It's nothing," I say, moving his hand from my face.

"No need to hide it. I already know."

His gloved hand moves my face to the side by the chin. With a soft touch from his now glowing hand, my pain fades. All the pain in my body disappears. When he removes his hand, he snaps. Now, two plates covered with silver, metal domes appears before me.