Chapter 26

"Summer, rise and shine~"

"Grrr...No. Go away...Oww!"

The king wakes up way earlier than usual. When I refused, he smacks me on the butt.

"I already have given you another hour," he says, attempting to the covers off me. But I lock the covers under my body.

He chuckles teasingly, then goes quiet. Too quiet. I didn't want to look because I wanted to sleep, but I couldn't sleep because he was being suspicious. I just let be, concluding that he just left.

"Ah!"

I was attacked with tickles. Every touch from him made my body twitch violently. My body twist and turns, and my throat begins to ache from laughing so hard. I didn't even know I was ticklish.

He embraces me with his strong arms, his finger still tickling my sides, and kisses my cheeks. "Why do I miss this so much?", he pauses.

I mind pauses my world, sending me into darkness. It finds another lost memory.

"Daddy!" A tiny girl pounces on the king's back as he slept. He wakes up but playfully refuses to open his eyes. The child crawls over his body, bouncing and hitting on him to wake him up. Tugging his hair even. Once the child moves to his side to peer at his sleeping face, he captures her in his arms, startling her. The king tickles her, making her laugh and squirm.

"Good morning, Princess~" He smiles, kissing the happy child on the forehead.

The memory fades.

"Come on, get up. You have training to do."

"Throw in some breakfast and it's a deal."

"Trying to bribe me, Princess?"

The king snaps his fingers, magically making a dish with a metal dome appear before me. "And for breakfast..." He pulls off the metal dome. "Ooh~Waffles!"

Waffles, along with some eggs, bacon, and a glass of orange juice and syrup. I guess I had to share my breakfast with Bear since he was already picking at my bacon and waffle.

The king chuckles as a dig in. He walks off, " in 15 minutes, laps around the palace," closing the door behind him.

  "Eww," says my demon. I honestly almost forgot about him.

  "Shouldn't you be hurt?"

  "Shouldn't you be dead, peasant?"

  "I'm still breathing, aren't I?"

  "You won't be, soon enough."

  I roll my eyes, giving the last of my breakfast to Bear. I didn't fear the demon anymore. Nor the Dark King. He can take my life away, but at least I got to enjoy some time to be happy. Just before everything falls apart.

  I put on some gym clothes and plug in my headphones. We walk out the door to the garden and I get my morning laps in then my workout. During workouts, I'd be also lifting weights and pushing or pulling things than just pushups and stuff. To be honest, they have been treating me like a dude. But I am not complaining. When you are around a lot of men, you tend to feel like one.

  As days pass, I grew more determined to get stronger. I'd even be working out late at night. I wanted to be ready to fight whatever comes my way.

  "Alright, are you prepared for the box?", the king grins. I nod. The stupid box became a weekly task, showing how much I have grown over the days.